Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased a fob from ebay and i got the wireless transmitter for under the steering wheel because in 03 keyless entry was an option. So i installed it and tried to program the remote. tried the programming method like 30 times and it won't work.

My question is after i install the transmitter under the steering wheel is there anything else to do? Why wouldn't it program?

the fobs light blinks when i press it so i know that works.

Is there anything else that can possibly need to be enabled?

I ordered a fob from the dealer and I want to see if thats why it's not working or if the transmitter was DOA.

any ideas?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:

i got a FOB through the dealer and it programmed perfectly.

so for me to get another transmitter do i need to get the same fcc id & p/n?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keyless programming

Hi,
:lol:

courtesy : programkeyfob.com

2003 Honda Element Key Fob Programming Instructions

Note:
Entering the programming mode cancels all learned keyless remotes, so none of the previously programmed remotes will work. You must reprogram all of the keyless remotes once you are in the programming mode.
You must complete each step within 5 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode.

Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on one of the remotes. (An unprogrammed remote can be used for this step.)
Turn ignition switch to LOCK (0)
Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 two more times using the same keyless remote used in step 2
Turn the ignition switch to ON (II)
Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button the same remote. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm you are in programming mode.
Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each remote you want to program. Make sure door locks cycle after you push each remote button to confirm system has accepted the remote.
Turn the igniton switch to LOCK (0) to exit programming mode.
Test remote(s)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i know how to program it(I actually used that site) however i ordered a fob on ebay and it didnt work. the red light blinks when i press it so i know the fob from ebay has power and isnt doa. However it wont program to the car.

The one from the dealer however programmed first try.

i want to get another one from ebay but do the fcc id and the pn have to match?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same question as the above. I bought my FOB from EBAY and yes, I did the exact same thing and nothing happens, when i contact them through ebay i got the following answer: not sure what it means

it uses fccid# oucg8d-344h-a remote instead, be sure to check your working original remote to find out, if you lost all, then give your vin# to a dealer, they can tell you.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I have the same question as the above. I bought my FOB from EBAY and yes, I did the exact same thing and nothing happens, when i contact them through ebay i got the following answer: not sure what it means

it uses fccid# oucg8d-344h-a remote instead, be sure to check your working original remote to find out, if you lost all, then give your vin# to a dealer, they can tell you.
if we knew what year and model (EX, LX, DX) you have we could be more helpful. most folks put that info in their profile so that it's readily available.
the FCC# you provided looks correct for some models of Element.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts