Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the 03 and 04 E, w/ around 80 to 100k miles on them. My price range is about $10k. I am wanting to stay away from the problems that I have read about, they don't seem to be consistent but I don't want to have to put more $ in it. Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on, seriously, there's nothing you can tell me about the 03 and 04 and steer me in the right direction? I thought this was were I could ask questions and depend on people to answer them.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I really don't think there is a significant difference between the 03 and the 04's.

I have an 03 and one kiddo has an 04, the other an 03. We haven't had any problems with them.
The best deal was on the kiddo's 03 ($10,000 with 52,000 miles) because it was an LX, the worse deal was mine because it was a top of the line 03 EX.
I paid the same as my kiddo's 04 with the same miles.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Come on, seriously, there's nothing you can tell me about the 03 and 04 and steer me in the right direction? I thought this was were I could ask questions and depend on people to answer them.
A little patience would help. If you demand info immediately, you might have to look elsewhere than a free forum of unpaid volunteers.

·
Registered
836 Posts
i got my 04 LX with AWD with 74K miles almost a year ago and i have loved it everyday. It was a good price of 8.6 so i picked it up. I like my E and it was in my 10 K price range, since i bought it i added on cruise control, viper alarm, and thule roof rack.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought my 03 ex awd 46k miles from a dealer for $10k a few months ago. I thought it was a good deal, and its been another great honda so far.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I bought an '04 EX with 6K on it back in 2005... I now have 75K on my E and it's been the most versatile and reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

There are really only minor changes from 03 to 04, for instance the passenger seat didn't have an arm-rest until 2004...

In 2003 there was only the DX and EX editions, as the LX was introduced in 2004.

Honestly, there is not any major differences from 2003 to 2004 so I would go by what the best deal you find within your budget...

Whatever E you choose, know that you are getting tough reliable and versatile vehicle that is great in whatever lifestyle you lead.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I had a 2003 until this past Monday...............

the one thing you may want to do is finish filling out your profile (Location) so people can give you better answers - yes it matters, what works in south texas may not be the same in vancouver

pick three, test drive'em then have the one you like best checked out by an independant mechanic, best money you'll spend - just cause one has more miles on it doesn't make it bad if it's been taken good care of

good luck in your search

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the input, and knowledge. I am still looking around haven't settled on any yet haven't even got to go test drive any yet. I am hoping I can get a good deal on one so I have some left over for some other things.
About where I am, I'm in Canton Ga. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts