Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has the opportunity to buy a 2004 Element EX 2wd for $2500 from a co-worker. Only drawback is that it has 203,xxx miles. All scheduled maintenances, except for in-between engine oil changes, were done at the dealer. The one owner did mostly highway miles. I haven't seen the car. I think its a good deal if i can get at least a year or 2 service out of it. Previous owner loves the element but just wanted a new one. He went and bought a 2010 without thinking of trading it in. :twisted: anyways, is there anything special I should look for when checking it out? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My wife has the opportunity to buy a 2004 Element EX 2wd for $2500 from a co-worker. Only drawback is that it has 203,xxx miles. All scheduled maintenances, except for in-between engine oil changes, were done at the dealer. The one owner did mostly highway miles. I haven't seen the car. I think its a good deal if i can get at least a year or 2 service out of it. Previous owner loves the element but just wanted a new one. He went and bought a 2010 without thinking of trading it in. :twisted: anyways, is there anything special I should look for when checking it out? Thanks for any help.

If ya don't want it, let me know and I'll take it $2500... Yes, that's a good deal even if it needs some maintenance. IMHO

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sounds like it has been driven carefully by an adult. It s barely broken in and you should get at least another 150k to 200k miles out of it.
My co-worker drives a '93 Civic (He bought it 6 months ago for $500.--) that had a hard live for much of the time; - and with 290+k miles, the little box still gets him to work every day!

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,536 Posts
It sounds great and, if the coworker is trustworthy, it's probably a good deal. Having said that, I would still check out the CARFAX on it, just to make sure it's sound. :shock: :)

Good Luck!! 8):razz::razz:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
IMHO, BESTEST DEAL EVER...!!!

(Well, if it all checks out...! Shoot, I would be interested in buying it!!!)

WOW-ZAH...!!!

:eoc:
.L-B-D.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole...... By the way what did you say the owner's name, address and phone number are?:grin:

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's about how much I sold my 1999 Ford Explorer for last Thursday and it had 128,000 miles on it. $2500 sounds like a great deal on a 2004, even with all those miles on it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole...... By the way what did you say the owner's name, address and phone number are?:grin:
Yes... Um, can I have a copy too...?

I would like to bid $2501 on the vehicle. :shock:
That's $2,502.00...!!!
YEAH!!!

:eoc:
.LBD.

Let's hope that's its not a Katrina Kar or a Tennessee Turtle...! Can anyone say water-logged...?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LoL. Thanks for the feedback guys. I actually bought it this past saturday. I almost lost it to his neighbor that was offering him $3000. I still have to register it tomorrow which is monday. I'm excited. It kind of needs tires soon so i started shopping for rim and tire packages already. hehe

oh yeah, previous owner got the 2010 E in polished metal metallic. I think it's an awesome color.

·
Registered
197 Posts
E

If there was no history of waterpump replacement or valve adjustment, I would do that first, and then I would probably change out all fluids unless you have a reciept of a recent change.

My 03 EX 4x4 has 178k and runs like a champ!

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,958 Posts
It's worth more than $2500 in parts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.