Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has the opportunity to buy a 2004 Element EX 2wd for $2500 from a co-worker. Only drawback is that it has 203,xxx miles. All scheduled maintenances, except for in-between engine oil changes, were done at the dealer. The one owner did mostly highway miles. I haven't seen the car. I think its a good deal if i can get at least a year or 2 service out of it. Previous owner loves the element but just wanted a new one. He went and bought a 2010 without thinking of trading it in. :twisted: anyways, is there anything special I should look for when checking it out? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My wife has the opportunity to buy a 2004 Element EX 2wd for $2500 from a co-worker. Only drawback is that it has 203,xxx miles. All scheduled maintenances, except for in-between engine oil changes, were done at the dealer. The one owner did mostly highway miles. I haven't seen the car. I think its a good deal if i can get at least a year or 2 service out of it. Previous owner loves the element but just wanted a new one. He went and bought a 2010 without thinking of trading it in. :twisted: anyways, is there anything special I should look for when checking it out? Thanks for any help.

If ya don't want it, let me know and I'll take it $2500... Yes, that's a good deal even if it needs some maintenance. IMHO

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sounds like it has been driven carefully by an adult. It s barely broken in and you should get at least another 150k to 200k miles out of it.
My co-worker drives a '93 Civic (He bought it 6 months ago for $500.--) that had a hard live for much of the time; - and with 290+k miles, the little box still gets him to work every day!

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
It sounds great and, if the coworker is trustworthy, it's probably a good deal. Having said that, I would still check out the CARFAX on it, just to make sure it's sound. :shock: :)

Good Luck!! 8):razz::razz:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
IMHO, BESTEST DEAL EVER...!!!

(Well, if it all checks out...! Shoot, I would be interested in buying it!!!)

WOW-ZAH...!!!

:eoc:
.L-B-D.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole...... By the way what did you say the owner's name, address and phone number are?:grin:

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's about how much I sold my 1999 Ford Explorer for last Thursday and it had 128,000 miles on it. $2500 sounds like a great deal on a 2004, even with all those miles on it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole...... By the way what did you say the owner's name, address and phone number are?:grin:
Yes... Um, can I have a copy too...?

I would like to bid $2501 on the vehicle. :shock:
That's $2,502.00...!!!
YEAH!!!

:eoc:
.LBD.

Let's hope that's its not a Katrina Kar or a Tennessee Turtle...! Can anyone say water-logged...?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I will do $3000

·
Registered
662 Posts
Jump on it! I'd buy it at that price even if it had seaweed and tar balls in it.

The engine is almost broke in at 200K. Buy it-buy it-buy it :-D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LoL. Thanks for the feedback guys. I actually bought it this past saturday. I almost lost it to his neighbor that was offering him $3000. I still have to register it tomorrow which is monday. I'm excited. It kind of needs tires soon so i started shopping for rim and tire packages already. hehe

oh yeah, previous owner got the 2010 E in polished metal metallic. I think it's an awesome color.

·
Registered
197 Posts
E

If there was no history of waterpump replacement or valve adjustment, I would do that first, and then I would probably change out all fluids unless you have a reciept of a recent change.

My 03 EX 4x4 has 178k and runs like a champ!

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,829 Posts
It's worth more than $2500 in parts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts