Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All of a sudden this morning, my EX cranked up as always but has erratic idle, goes from 1k - 2k back and forth ---------- any ideas??

MTIA
Zig

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idle

Went for about 10 miles, still idles at 30 MPH.

If i reset the servc eng light........will that do it??

If so,how to reset it?

MTIA
z

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dumb me, it's the ("malfunction indicator lamp") !!!!

Yeah, (today) it skips a few times and it doesn't idle now... weird things happening

I'll go check it out right now, maybe a bulb is out.....?Huh ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Page 66 told me to go to Page 193 in my 2004 owner's manual....and the gas cap isn't loose.

The explanation (P193) doesn't sound good "Emissions" Duh!!!???

We don't have a emissions law here in Florida any more and I've been running a K&N intake for 2 yrs.

ANY ideas helpful.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I'll have to wait on the next warning light failure, I dis-connected the battery grd cable for an hour and the light went away.

Can auto-zone (or the Honda dealer) still pull the codes with the light off .......??

·
Registered
178 Posts
An erratic idle like this is caused by a dirty IAC valve located on the lower side of the throttle body. You may want to remove the throttle body to locate the IAC valve then clean it with brake cleaner. The reason I say clean it with brake cleaner is carb cleaner leaves a residue while brake cleaner dries clean and clear. A good cleaning should be all that is required to stop your headache.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never noticed till now but see where a hose might have gone... but don't see any hoses afloat any where.

Does this look normal for an K&N install ?

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone know the part # of the 2 hex screws that hold the sensor to the IAC valve ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fixed

I pulled the TB and cleaned up to correct the throttle butter-fly that was sticking at times, (while there) I cleaned up the 3 area's in the IC valve.

It now runs great, it's fixed.

Thanks All.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts