Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the output countershaft speed sensor is? Can't find it on Majestic's diagrams. I'm getting a DTC P0722 and it's showing all the symptoms connected to that code--speedo not working, erratic or no upshift to
3rd or 4th etc. Thanks

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
I'm 100 miles away from my service manual, but an edu-guess is that it's one of the two sensors on the top of the case labeled "pick up" on the "AT SOLENOIDS" page. Somebody with a manual handy will have to fine tune this.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Located on the side of the transmission. Held on place with a 6mm flange bolt. Replace the O ring after you remove it or it Will leak! 8.7 lbf-ft when your replacing it.

If I remember correctly, there are only 2 sets of wires going to the transmission. One set is the back up lights switch. The other is the one you want.

Oh there is a ground wire also !! That one is kind of obvious though.

Dom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks you guys. Got it-they're labeled pickups on Majestic's diagrams. The left one (standing ifo the car) is the output shaft sensor and the right one is the input shaft sensor. This site/club is great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Error Code P0722

Yesterday as I was leaving my Element lurched and a warning light came on and the ring a round the D started flashing. When I checked the error code it read out as P0722, which is Output Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal . My car will no longer shift out of first, the rpm will not go above 3000, and the speedometer does not work.
Also recently I had to have the Park/Neutral sensor checked for it was also giving errors. But showed no symptoms of a bad sensor. When I took it to the shop they said the wiring harness was damaged. They were able to repair the harness and the error code went away and did not return.
Is there anything I can do to fix this are should I take it back to the shop and is there any possibility that these to problems could be connected.
Also, I have and 2003 Honda Element 4x4 with an automatic transmission and 120,000 miles on it.
Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
P0722

Yesterday as I was leaving my Element lurched and a warning light came on and the ring a round the D started flashing. When I checked the error code it read out as P0722, which is Output Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal . My car will no longer shift out of first, the rpm will not go above 3000, and the speedometer does not work.
Also recently I had to have the Park/Neutral sensor checked for it was also giving errors. But showed no symptoms of a bad sensor. When I took it to the shop they said the wiring harness was damaged. They were able to repair the harness and the error code went away and did not return.
Is there anything I can do to fix this are should I take it back to the shop and is there any possibility that these to problems could be connected.
Also, I have and 2003 Honda Element 4x4 with an automatic transmission and 120,000 miles on it.
Thank you

Hi, I have a 2009 SC and had this issue. Speedometer went down while driving, but came back. Engine light went on, and couldn't shift out of 2nd gear when it was happening. I'd turn off my car, then turn it on, and I would be able to drive for a little while until it happened again. So here's what I did...Have approx. 122,000 mi on it and ended up buying both pick up assemblies (pana. and mats.) just in case. I like working on the car myself, so I thought I'd post this b/c this website has helped me out before. I ended up buying some electronic cleaner from CRC. Pulled out the sensors, cleaned them, sprayed both the connectors, and that's it. I cleared the engine light with a OBD diagnostics reader, and hasn't come back for over 2 weeks now. Cars been working as normal again. Sometimes its a simple thing, sometimes you just need to clean the connectors I guess.

I ended up switching out one of my transmission pressure switches at around 60,000mi, but I wonder if I had cleaned that too, I wouldn't have had to buy and replace the part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts