Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you probably know the 2005 lx panels are "grey" not "warm grey" like the EX editions.
I had a small accident and am in need of a new front bumper. The problem is that I have been unable to find a "grey" bumper. All the places (websites) i've checked just have the EX's "warm gray" bumpers.I've also looked at salvage yards, but bumpers are usually the most damaged part of a wrecked car.
Does anyone know where i could find the LX color?
Thanks

·
Registered
873 Posts
my lx has both a grey that looks like poop most of the time on most of the car & a metalic type of grey that look nice all the time on 2 or 3 panels. I was wondering how well paint would hold up on all of them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I don't think it's an LX vs. EX issue but one of color. Going by the Honda site, it appears that CK, FBP, GG, and SOP have medium ("warm") gray panels; MM, NBP, and RR have dark gray; and SSM has blue.

Part number for dark gray is 04711-SCV-A80ZC.
Thanks a lot for looking into the issue. I actually went to my Honda Dealer today and talked with the parts guy. He confirmed what you said and I was ready to buy, until he gave me the price ($110.00 more than Majestic)!
Looks like FedEx will be dropping by soon.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
From what I can tell/remember...the "gray" vs "warm gray" is definitly an LX (& DX) vs EX issue. As described, the "warm gray"(EX models only) is almost a semi-gloss with a bit of metalic. I've noticed they tend to not "gray out" or get as "chalky" looking as the regular "gray" does over time.

The '05 model year is confusing....I remember the NBP cars (for example) having all three...the light "gray", the "warm gray" and the black (called "dark gray").

I think the real problem is in the Honda names for the colors... in part descriptions what we call the "LX gray" is called "warm gray" (note no word metalic) and the EX is called "warm gray metalic." In some cases the "LX gray" has "EX WARM GRAY" as a color name! :x

from Majestic....if you select LX as a trim level for an '05, "EX warm gray" is the name of the color available. If you select EX trim level you get "BP WARM GRAY METALLIC " or "BUMPER DARK GRAY" or "BLUE METALLIC" as the color choice.

This thread has an example pic. It is an '06 model. It has mostly "warm gray metalic panels", with a "LX gray" front bumper. Depending on the parts refrence you use, it will refer to the panels as "dark gray"(which is really what we would call black) for an '06 EX, when they are really the same "warm gray metalic" as my '04EX! I remember seeing '06 models with the "warm gray metalic" panels when they were new (as well as "black" and "blue" and the "light gray") but they aren't listed as a color choice on many parts lists.

Simple huh?!;-)

Post a pic of your car if you can, it might help.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
2005 LX in NBP (Black) with "gray" panels:

2005 EX NBP with "black" (Honda calls them Dark Gray) panels:

and

and an EX model (NBP) with "warm gray metalic" plastic:

actually my '04.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was ready to buy, until he gave me the price ($110.00 more than Majestic)!
Looks like FedEx will be dropping by soon.
This morning I ordered the bumper from Majestic Honda, about an hour later they sent an email saying the item was too large to ship.
I wish they would have told me that before they put a pending transaction on my card.
I called, to confirm the cancellation and the guy was less than helpful.

Looks like I will be having to buy from the dealer :(.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts