Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a fan of aftermarket wheels. I was fortunate to find a professional who will actually take the wheels off the tires, sand them down and repair curb rash, and then bake them. There are many so called wheel experts here in Houston who will lie to you about taking the wheels off the tires and simply spray paint them. Luckily I found a pro who included balancing and mounting in his price. Everyone is doing matte black and I went with gloss black. I wanted an OEM look and believe I have achieved that. I even had a full size spare painted too. I somehow got that extra wheel off of Ebay for $50, and the center caps for $15. I am very pleased with the results and think it suits my E. Below are some before and after pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am not a fan of aftermarket wheels. I was fortunate to find a professional who will actually take the wheels off the tires, sand them down and repair curb rash, and then bake them. There are many so called wheel experts here in Houston who will lie to you about taking the wheels off the tires and simply spray paint them. Luckily I found a pro who included balancing and mounting in his price. Everyone is doing matte black and I went with gloss black. I wanted an OEM look and believe I have achieved that. I even had a full size spare painted too. I somehow got that extra wheel off of Ebay for $50, and the center caps for $15. I am very pleased with the results and think it suits my E. Below are some before and after pics.
Nice look! That's what our 05 MMs should have looked like OEM.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Certainly did a nice job on the powder coating!

But the black wheels is a look; well, I don't know if I like it yet or not! The jury in my mind is still out on this one!

Being the antique that I am (61), and growing up at a time when the old Cragar SS wheels was the way to be styling; there's something in my aging brain that still says all 5 spoke wheels should be either chrome or silver! : - )

·
Registered
41 Posts
I too live in Houston, I feel like I hardly see any on the road here. Also I’ve been wanting to do this to a set of s2000 wheels I have that I’ve been wanting to mount up to the E. You mind telling me what shop and how much it was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice look! That's what our 05 MMs should have looked like OEM.
Thanks Marv, yeah I agree. This is how they should have come stock. I think the wheels compliment the plastic trim. I am going to spruce up my trim with Solution Finish this weekend.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha thanks! Yeah I have found that Meguiar's Endurance tire gel is the best. I also bought black wheel locks, and black lug nut covers. Have yet to put them on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Very beautiful. There's nothing quite like powder coated wheels. A few years ago my '07 wheels were getting a bit gnarly looking with the corrosion under the clear coat. I found a local place that works on and refinishes wheels. I wasn't sure what I wanted, but they had a gray color powder coat a little darker than the Galaxy Gray. It made for a nice complimentary color, and like yours, the finish is amazingly beautiful . You won't regret the durability of the powder coat. And with fresh wax, it's remarkable.
View attachment 202308

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the look

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh yes, very nice. I waxed my wheels recently per your recommendation. I think it will help protect them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts