Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Change oil every 5k miles. You're due now. Rotate and balance tires every 7.5k miles. Every 30k miles change coolant, brake fluid, cabin filters and trans fluid. I'd change plugs every 55k miles. I might be leaving something out, but, all this should take you to 90k miles, and then I'd change P/S fluid and drive belt. Keep an eye on your brakes. If you live in the rust belt, you'll need to remove and relube caliper pins and slides every 30k miles or so.

just my .02

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking for preventive maintanence...nothing is worn out or broken! Thanks for the advice! Oil is changed every 6 months w/ M1 and filter..need to change the air and cabin filter's and probably due a tranny fluid change also!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did the rear diff fluid change at 29K to avoid the shear issues since we have Dual Pump fluid 1.

Also just did the rear sway bar links, but that won't be an issue unless you are riding rough roads w/ salty winters.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I was looking for preventive maintanence...nothing is worn out or broken!
If it is 3 years old and 25k miles stuff is getting worn out....that what preventive maintenance is for. :wink: fluids break down with time and use. It is time for trans fluid, coolant, diff fluid (4WD models), brake fluid, etc. Like it says in the link I mentioned earlier, have a good look at the brakes and ensure proper lubrication and function....rears especially have issues w/ sticking.

·
Registered
143 Posts
25k is a little overboard for transmission fluid methinks, I'd say the same goes for coolant. To me, more than ever 50k for those is a bit TOO anal.

Brake fluid is good b/c of time, diff fluid probably soon too b/c of mileage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it is 3 years old and 25k miles stuff is getting worn out....that what preventive maintenance is for. :wink: fluids break down with time and use. It is time for trans fluid, coolant, diff fluid (4WD models), brake fluid, etc. Like it says in the link I mentioned earlier, have a good look at the brakes and ensure proper lubrication and function....rears especially have issues w/ sticking.
OK...thanks..didn't see the link!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts