Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
saw an ad for an 2006 element ex 2wd with appr. 33,000 miles on it from a dealer-they are asking $16,000 for it-how does that price sound to you guys?
i haven't seen it as it is 60 miles away but it says 1 owner-waiting to see the carfax on it.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
Well, according to edmunds.com (without the additional due to my location), their TMV (True Market Value) is at 15k (private party), 16k (retail) and about $1,000 additional for certified. This also takes into account in between clean and outstanding for condition (check for pricing according to your zip code, it does make a difference). Going on that, I would start below what they have it listed for (maybe 15,5 OTD - profit is ALWAYS built in) and see what they say (if it's Honda Certified, the 16k is IMHO a good price).
I drove 600 mi round trip to get mine (OK, it was new, but, well worth it).

Good luck and post pix when you get her home...... :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got the carfax-looks ok. it was a florida car-owner had added 19" wheels and a dvd system which my 2 dogs would like:D. it is not honda certified and not sure if any warranty is left on it. wouldn't be much if there was as it is over 33,000 miles. guess i'll run over and take a look at her-thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
saw an ad for an 2006 element ex 2wd with appr. 33,000 miles on it from a dealer-they are asking $16,000 for it-how does that price sound to you guys?
i haven't seen it as it is 60 miles away but it says 1 owner-waiting to see the carfax on it.
Keep your eyes open, that's pretty expensive. I've been looking at 2006 EX-P 4wd with not too many more miles on them for that price. The 19's and DVD system are a bonus, but the dealer shouldn't be really adding to the price because of those. You could just throw 15k at them and see what happens.

http://tinyurl.com/yesb8br
http://tinyurl.com/y85hx5x

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just paid 17,780.00 out the door for a 2006 EX-P AWD Honda certified one owner with 44,000 miles. They threw in new mud guards installed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry to interrupt but when folks say 'out the door' do they mean that taxes are included in the figure or just the other fees? Taxes are the biggest chunk of change in addition to the car itself so I am trying to understand. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks! Just wanted to confirm my understanding because sometimes people here are quoting really low prices they paid 'out the door' and it seems almost surreal that they got taxes included as part of the figure they paid. Good to know. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts