Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the edge ( like one foot over the line poised in midair, just hesitating) of buying a 2006 EX-P, Nighthawk Black, MANUAL TRANSMISSION RT4WD that has 25K on the clock. It's also a Certified Honda, so it's got the warranty advantages that go with that. I've negotiated what I think is a decent price ($17900 with all taxes, title, tags) and I have the OK from the missus to pull the trigger.

I'm oddly hesitant to finalize it. :roll: Not sure why, but I'm hesitating.

If my indecision today causes me to "miss out" on this one, how rare is the combination of a manual shift, and 4wd in a low mileage E? If this is a hard to find combination, maybe I should just get my butt over there and sign the paperwork. :eoc:

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ell, hell, I just went ahead an bought the damn thing. Realized after posting earlier that if it's the combination I wanted (MT, AWD, color, mileage) then why do I care how hard it would be to find. I knew where one was, so just go get it. So I did. There.:grin:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow - that seems like a really great price for such low mileage. And with taxes etc. included?! What is the sales tax percent where you are?

I just paid $17.4K for a 2007 with 27K miles but taxes and tags put me over $19K.

JJ

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrads on your new purchase. Great price. I just paid $17,700 out the door for a 2006 EX-P AWD with 44,000 on the clock and it was also certified. Way to go!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actual price was $16,800 plus GA tax, title, and tag. The tax varies by the county here in GA, my county is 6.5%. The E had been on their lot for almost 60 days, so they were looking to move it. Sticker price had started at $21500, when they first advertised it.

It is immaculate, not a scratch, not a scuff, and brand new tires. The only flaw I have found is a tiny star in the windshield, no more than half an inch long.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Actual price was $16,800 plus GA tax, title, and tag. The tax varies by the county here in GA, my county is 6.5%. The E had been on their lot for almost 60 days, so they were looking to move it. Sticker price had started at $21500, when they first advertised it.

It is immaculate, not a scratch, not a scuff, and brand new tires. The only flaw I have found is a tiny star in the windshield, no more than half an inch long.
$21,500?!? No wonder it took them so long to move it! I paid less than that for my '06 EX-P (2wd instead of AWD) in 2006 when it was brand new!

Enjoy the new ride!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No kidding! The original window decal was in the paperwork from the previous owner. Original sticker price was $22,800 in 2006!!:grin:

·
Registered
446 Posts
You bought well. I just bought the same thing 2 weeks ago except not a "P", not a manual and 45,000 on the clock. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sorry I missed out on this thread originally, but glad you went ahead with your purchase. I own an '06 MT AWD and I LOVE it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts