Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
yes it is a nice looking car too bad it will be $$$$ I love that honda made the (E) at the perfict price I think the Pontiac is going to be in the 22,000 range

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Hell, I just like the fact that its a RWD 2 seater from someone other than Mazda. I actually got to see a Solstice recently at the CAL-State fair. Quite a bit larger than the Miata/MX-5, which is good for anyone over the 6' mark. And, its styling points are a definite positive departure from the recent "ho-hum" styling Pontiac has taken (GTO).

·
Registered
434 Posts
the g6 rocks

·
Registered
751 Posts
That's a very beautiful car, I like the idea of the solstice, but that looks so much better! Maybe it will lead to an overhaul of the images of these two "companies". I'll wait until they are a little more availible though, I hear the backlog is pretty high, can't blame anyone really.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'd have preferred to see the Poncho version be the snazzier one and let Saturn have the discount version --- I think that fits in better with each brand's identity.

This'll easily be the most impressive thing ever to happen at Saturn, but surely GM has to know one or the other would have been enough for the market, especially since the MX-5 is still around. Somewhere, a roomful of GM accountants "know" that spreading one model thin with multiple brands results in "overall more sales." Sure.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Elemen-O-P said:
Hell, I just like the fact that its a RWD 2 seater from someone other than Mazda. I actually got to see a Solstice recently at the CAL-State fair. Quite a bit larger than the Miata/MX-5, which is good for anyone over the 6' mark. And, its styling points are a definite positive departure from the recent "ho-hum" styling Pontiac has taken (GTO).

That is true. I was hoping Pontiac would be more racey. I had one of the old GTO's in the late 60's, went as good as it looked. THe new one leaves me flat.

·
EOC Sponsor
691 Posts
We actually saw a Solstice about two weeks ago at a dearship. It was already sold but we were allowed to sit in it and play with all the gadgets but no test-drive. :-( It was a cool car and very impressive in person. It was very comfortable to sit in and everything was layed out nicely. I just dont like the manual top. It was kind of cheesy. The trunk space left you wanting more when the top was down. Unless you and your wife/husband pack very light it wouldnt work. There is enough room for two small duffeles and thats it.

We might be going to back to test drive one but are going to wait till next year at least before we even consider buying one of these... And its $18K stock and $25K fully loaded with leather and all the bells and whistles. Most dealers are marking it up atleast an additional $5K because of the demand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts