Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Does anyone know if the engine bay layout changes with a 2006 to a 2008? I am asking because I want to want to get a AEM Cold Air Intake, but they only make them for Elements older than 2006. I like the AEM because I dont like the 'buzzy raspy' sound people say the Injen gives and have heard the AEM is deeper sounding. AEM Part Number 21-515C if anyone is curious.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Most original equipment air intakes draw air from outside the engine compartment. Aftermarket "cold air" intakes usually draw hot air from inside the engine compartment. Therefore it is really a hot air intake. Why would one wish to have that?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most original equipment air intakes draw air from outside the engine compartment. Aftermarket "cold air" intakes usually draw hot air from inside the engine compartment. Therefore it is really a hot air intake. Why would one wish to have that?
This particular intake places the filter below the battery, between the headlight and the fog light, next to the lower grille opening. (I have an SC.) This would position the intake farther from the engine, and closer to an exterior air source.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Honda changed to drive-by-wire in 2007. I remember posters wailing about getting engine codes after switching so maybe search the board for "cold air intake" and read up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honda changed to drive-by-wire in 2007. I remember posters wailing about getting engine codes after switching so maybe search the board for "cold air intake" and read up.
Yeah, looking like I'll have to go with the Injen, cause the MAF sensor. Unless I mod the AEM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts