Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an opportunity to pick up a complete set of kyb shocks for a 06 element on the cheap, can I re-use my 09 sc suspension top hats on the 06 struts? Only difference I was able to find after searching is the 06 and 09 is the way the spring is wound and the use of a spring isolator that came out in 07, any other differences?

Thanks in advance

·
12,180 Posts
Have an opportunity to pick up a complete set of kyb shocks for a 06 element on the cheap, can I re-use my 09 sc suspension top hats on the 06 struts? Only difference I was able to find after searching is the 06 and 09 is the way the spring is wound and the use of a spring isolator that came out in 07, any other differences?

Thanks in advance

I just looked up the part numbers and my listing shows they are all the same from 2003-2010.

You can double check part numbers here: www.hondapartsdeals.com

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You lizzurd..Can I use Tein s-tech 06 springs on my 09 sc? What was the rational for Honda winding springs in the different direction in 07? Anyone have experience on running the kyb and s-tech spring combo? Seems like a cost effective alternative to coilovers

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
any comparison pictures available to show members?

·
Registered
562 Posts
The reason the claim they switched winding was to prevent bump steer. I think it was to keep aftermarket competitors down. I have looked at the part numbers. You should be able to use the kyb gr2s and the tein springs with your top hats. I think. If you get it to work let me know Because I am considering the H&R springs and the KYB's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts