Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the 06 type s intake manifold will bolt up to the element...ps is this better than the rbb tsx intake manifold...

·
Registered
225 Posts
This is debatable, because the RBC is designed for higher RPM, non-forced induction applications (low tq). The RBB is designed for more torque and has a larger plenum that would better suit low rpm forced induction applications. So it depends on the application you are applying it to. If you are running the stock motor, you will see more gains in tq and equaul gains with hp with the RBB vs. RBC. If you are running i higher rev appllication (atleast 7500rpm) and don't care about tq, then the RBC would be better. On the TSX forum, a couple folks swapped manifolds and said they didnt notice much of a high end gain, but noticed a low end loss.

·
Registered
512 Posts
This is debatable, because the RBC is designed for higher RPM, non-forced induction applications (low tq). The RBB is designed for more torque and has a larger plenum that would better suit low rpm forced induction applications. So it depends on the application you are applying it to. If you are running the stock motor, you will see more gains in tq and equaul gains with hp with the RBB vs. RBC. If you are running i higher rev appllication (atleast 7500rpm) and don't care about tq, then the RBC would be better. On the TSX forum, a couple folks swapped manifolds and said they didnt notice much of a high end gain, but noticed a low end loss.
He never said he was going to install a turbo :| and I assumed it would be naturally aspired which would make the RBC better for that application. I don't know enough about the turbo so I cannot debate that with you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The k24a4 is not a high rev motor, it would never see the benifits of the RBC's design unless it was drastically modified.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The k24a4 is not a high rev motor, it would never see the benifits of the RBC's design unless it was drastically modified.
I have k24a8 and mine rev's pretty high... I hit 6500 RPM entering the freeway. I know it not as high as the RSX or TSX for that matter but it will get up there and adding the RBC intake only speeds up the rev cycle while going through the gears.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sso wat would u say i should go with...i just want off the line performance...so rbb or rbc or skunk 2 manifold...

·
Registered
180 Posts
The better choice is the RBB with the stock Element. If you are going to do some engine work or turbo, then the RBC is going to work better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts