Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm kind of new here, and also kind of new to the car. I've done a little bit of research around the forum and various parts of the internet, and I'm a little confused as to what my options are.

From what I've read, everyone with a set of tien s-techs has had a good experience with them, and the 2.5 inch drop is something that i'm looking for. However, they're listed as only made for the 03-06. Is this an example of an old and un-updated site (as in the page for the element on tien's site was last updated in 06) or will it not fit the 07 EX? And if I cannot get the s-techs, what are my options to acheive the same kind of drop/

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. If it's already been gone over, if someone could do so much as point me in the right direction that'd be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that i think of it, does anyone know of a set of springs (or methods otherwise) for the 07 that will give me the same kind of 2.5 inch drop?

also, with the eibach 1.5 & 2.0 inch drop, would one recommend the accompanying camber kit or would i be able to get away without it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
from what i was told, the 07's and up take a different spring set, because either the the front right or left is reverse wound, compared to the 03-06, which is both wound in the same direction. eibach has a set but it won't drop it 2.5 inches. you'd probably have to go with a set of coilovers. thats what i'm hoping to do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm. i might just go with the eibach's then. coilovers are a bit above and beyond my price range at the moment :/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, I realize what the camber kit is used for, but is it only for the rears or for the fronts as well?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I would refrain from TEIN.
I bought an '07 SC that had been treated to TEINs, but when I changed the wheels I noticed leakage. One of the rear shocks had a broken weld. I figured that it would be prudent to have both rear shocks re-sealed. TEIN would not consider the broken weld a manufacturing defect, I will never know why, and charged me 'full boat' for a new shock and the repair of the other shock. Mind you both had less than 60k miles on them and the cost to me was >$670.--.

While they may make a fine shock, they also hose you mercilessly when they got you over the table....

In comparison, HONDA replaced my transmission on my 8-year old Odyssey with >80,000 miles for ZERO $$$ in one day!!!! Now that is customer appreciation. (I did not have any service contract beyond the basic 3/36 mfg warranty!!!)

Next time I have any carp with the TEIN components I will simply re-install the stock suspension for a fraction of the cost...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sounds like a manufacturer defect to me. I've had their coilovers on my E since 05 and have no damage or leaking.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sounds like a manufacturer defect to me. I've had their coilovers on my E since 05 and have no damage or leaking.
That was my assessment too, bur TEIN was very uncompromising in the matter, no receipt no consideration... Then it took 'em 4 weeks to fix and recharge a strut, go figure. I didn't know that there were any businesses left where one can get away with that slip-shot attitude and operation.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had the Eibachs originally. The ride was better than stock but simply wasnt low enough so when Tein listed the part number for the basics, I placed my order 3 months before they showed up stateside. The ride is so much better but still not low enough for me. I even put a set of Super Street Dampers with the EDFC on my TL. Both vehicles have no problems with the suspension.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
I've had my Tein Basic Coil Overs since 2007 and I have never had any problems whatsoever. I had the Eibach Pro Kit Springs on for two years prior to that, and never any problems with them either.

Chief

1 - 13 of 13 Posts