Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang. I just got a '07 EX-P AWD. The factory radio is in the dash but not working; turns on but no sound. Dealer says they will fix it when I take it back. It's apparent to us that previous owner had some sort of aftermarket system as there were two ring terminals on the positive battery terminal (with aftermarket cables clipped). Plus, the driver side threshold trim where the cable most likely ran under was not reinstalled correctly.

The car doesn't have a factory sub. Were the '07 EX-Ps suppose to have one standard? or was it optional? If it never had a sub, is there a factory external amp?

I'm concerned that, if there was a factory amp, the previous owner either didn't hook it back up, or didn't put it back in the car at all. In which case, I might be better off to just ask the dealer to consider giving me some money back so I can have an aftermarket system installed on my own or at a shop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an 07 EX AWD and it came with a sub. I'm pretty sure from what I've read that it's standard.

I hope the dealer gets it all working for you. I'm generally happy with the sound system as it is, though I would probably go for an aftermarket radio if it's offered. Most aftermarket radios allow you to eq more precisely than the OEM radio does, and I find myself endlessly tweaking mine, never completely satisfied with the results. I guess if I had an aftermarket system I would miss the volume controls on the steering wheel...don't know if that can be made to work with an aftermarket radio or not.

Good luck. :smile:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hm... odd. Mine doesn't. Just a storage cubby where the sub (actual speaker) would be. Thanks all.

Ultimately, I'd like to put in a Pioneer nav system with a back up camera. Probably won't go as far as aftermarket amps. Perhaps one of those compact Kenwood powered subs.

Where is the factory amp mounted?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Hm... odd. Mine doesn't. Just a storage cubby where the sub (actual speaker) would be. Thanks all.

Ultimately, I'd like to put in a Pioneer nav system with a back up camera. Probably won't go as far as aftermarket amps. Perhaps one of those compact Kenwood powered subs.

Where is the factory amp mounted?
Behind the passeger-side kick panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts