·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Thats a really good looking steering wheel. We need to see what the connectors look like, to compare to our rides. Im guessing that it will fit.
Anybody want to be a guinea pig for this?? How about you guys that work at Honda dealerships, can u get us some pics of the back or under the airbag???

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
it may be doable, but it wont be a simple swap like mine was. you would need the airbag from one in addition to the steering wheel itself as it is a totally different shape, and the clockspring wiring and connectors are a different number of terminals and shape as well. the wiring of the cruise controls and audio SWC could be figured out but i would be hesitent to mess with something that had a totally different airbag than original due to different internal resistances of the ignitors which could cause lights that were not able to be turned off, sporadically detonating airbags or all of the above. i have access to the wiring diagrams in service express if someone wants to do it, but i am happy with the older style leather wrapped pilot steering wheel that is in mine now and are plentyful on ebay that will work with your original airbag.

·
12,180 Posts
The earlier Pilot wheel swap was a no brainer since the wheel was the same shape as the E and the E's airbag was used.

This Pilot wheel has a different shape to the airbag and the audio and cruise buttons are different.

Since the Pilots airbag was not designed for the E attempting to use it is not a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts