Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking out HandA's site I was taking a look at the cargo net for the '09s Looks a little more beefy and useful than the previous years. I was wondering if anyone has taken the gamble and tried the install. If so how did it gom and was it worth it?
I'm just hoping to learn from someone else's mistakes!:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so in looking at the pictures on HandA it looks like the net will work, there is just the addition on a few extra attachment points for different configurations of the net, as well as a few extra points to tie the net down with. I think I'll give it a shot and see how well it works. The addition of the zippered pocket to the net is what intrigues me (thought I'm still not sure about paying almost double for it!)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally got off my butt and got the net and did the install. Everything went very well.

The one thing I did different was the mounting of the upper attachment points. The install instructions call for a rivet being put in up top and that seemed like a little bit of overkill to me... I went ahead and picked up some bolts like the ones that are supplied for the new lower two attachment points. I figured if they work for the bottom why not the top? I drilled holes where the instructions called for, then loosened/ removed the side panels enough to get my hand in there and put the bolt through the hole. Works great! I also used a little bit of locktite on the bolts, but I'm not sure if that will really make a difference. All of that being said, the net works perfectly fine without the additional mounting points.

Over all I'm very happy with the setup, and the cargo net. It's been super flexible with all the mounting options, and the two zippered pockets have a million uses. I highly recommend buying the "advanced" cargo net. Well worth it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts