Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I was interested in what the 09+ looked like with driving lights when I was shopping for an E and had a hard time finding pictures, so here are some of my E for everyone else that my be interested.

Without fogs:

With fogs:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Just wondering, when you purchased the fogs, did you have to purchase a new lower bumper as well or did the replacement bumper come with the purchase of the lights?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wondering, when you purchased the fogs, did you have to purchase a new lower bumper as well or did the replacement bumper come with the purchase of the lights?
I had the dealer install them as you have to cut into the original bumper and I wasn't about to do that myself.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
well, the backside of the bumper is pre-scored so that all you need is a sharp knife and a steady hand. for years, this has been the way that Honda has built their vehicles w/ optional foglights.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

Looks like a new lower piece for the bumper to me too.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does it add any more lumination to the road at night?? BTW, how are the headlights at night on the E? I need to testdrive my father's E one of these days.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does it add any more lumination to the road at night?? BTW, how are the headlights at night on the E? I need to testdrive my father's E one of these days.
They fill in spots that the normal beams don't cover, like more on the sides and close to the car.

My last car, a VW Touaerg had AFS Xenon headlights, which basically means they would adjust when you turned to aim out ahead and also had a non-xenon light that would come on with sharp turns to light up the inside of the turn. I find the lights in the E to have just us much coverage and brightness as the Touareg, just a different color. That was one area I was concerned with going from some fancy xenon lights to the E. But I find the E's lights to be quite good, and a lot cheaper to replace. A xenon bulb went out on my Touareg and it was $250 to replace, good thing it was under warranty.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
A xenon bulb went out on my Touareg and it was $250 to replace, good thing it was under warranty.
Oh the humanity...! WOW...! :shock:

LBD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts