Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first posting as a new Element owner. I have desired one for years and am so happy to finally own one! I love everything about my E, even though it isn't the color I wanted! (royal blue ) I really wanted an omni blue but couldn't beat the deal I was offered for the darker color.

I'm hoping someone is familiar with this model and knows if it is Bluetooth capable? I was told it is built in but can't get my Iphone 3g to connect. I'm wondering if I'm missing a set up feature or something? Or if maybe it isn't Bluetooth equiped and the sales man was ill informed? Any advice would be so helpful! I'm not a technical person and there are no mentions of this in the dealer books.
Thanks sooooooo much!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sorry! No bluetooth on the '09 with Navi. :-x

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first posting as a new Element owner. I have desired one for years and am so happy to finally own one! I love everything about my E, even though it isn't the color I wanted! (royal blue ) I really wanted an omni blue but couldn't beat the deal I was offered for the darker color.

I'm hoping someone is familiar with this model and knows if it is Bluetooth capable? I was told it is built in but can't get my Iphone 3g to connect. I'm wondering if I'm missing a set up feature or something? Or if maybe it isn't Bluetooth equiped and the sales man was ill informed? Any advice would be so helpful! I'm not a technical person and there are no mentions of this in the dealer books.
Thanks sooooooo much!
There is no OEM bluetooth function in any OEM audio for any years of E yet, included OEM Navi. 09 OEM Navi's USB should work with iPhone as MP3 player, but not as hands free device.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The dealership I deal with only has the Omni Blue.. so waiting to see if the 2010's have any color change. I am going to order mine: if no changes then I am going to order the one you got!! Royal blue with navi.
I hope you enjoy your new E.
This is the SC in Omni for sale here....

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
When we got ours, it seemed like the sales guy and later the business manager all mentioned bluetooth in regards to the E.

I knew it didn't have it when I visited the dealership. I just ignored their comments because I could tell they didn't care about selling the E. My wife was disappointed when I told her it did not have it after hearing the salesman say it did though.

Of course, the same guy also told me I could hose out the back of the E so go figure.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That is such bs that they told u it did. When I was looking I seriously though about waiting for an 09 and spending the big bucks for the nav built in. After finding out that it didn't have bluetooth or dvd (like just about every other system does) I went for the great deal on the 08 and had the Kenwood system put in for 1/2 what Honda charges and it has twice the functionality. I'd go back and have a serious talk with your dealer. Have them pull it and credit u for the system. Then go get a top of the line aftermarket system that does everything you want it to. You'll still have 1k in your pocket left over. Just my .02

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your quick replies everyone. Funny, the same sales guy that told me about the bt also mentioned hosing the E out. Well I'm already in love with my Element so I'm not going to complain but I am Hoping to find a way to take calls through my speakers in emergency situations. I'm not a big phone talker so it isn't all that critical. Thanks again all.

Kristin

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Thank you for your quick replies everyone. Funny, the same sales guy that told me about the bt also mentioned hosing the E out. Well I'm already in love with my Element so I'm not going to complain but I am Hoping to find a way to take calls through my speakers in emergency situations. I'm not a big phone talker so it isn't all that critical. Thanks again all.

Kristin
You need to educate your salesman.....................NEVER EVER HOSE out you Element

·
Registered
428 Posts

Kristin
Most of time I used BlueAnt BT headset in my car with my Backjack. But If I really want my passenger to hear phone conversation from E's audio speakers, or if I want to listen to internet radio streaming from my BJ through E's audio speakers, I usedMotorola s705 I got it from Amazon plus a 1/8" Stereo Plug to 1/8" Stereo Plug stereo cable. I simply turn on s705. After it automatically BT sync with my BJ, plug one end of stereo cable to s705, & another end to AUX input of E. If Navi was on already, it will automatically switch to AUX. When I am done. Unplug stereo cable from AUX input of E. Navi will automatically switch back to previous audio mode.
This will work with iPod/iPhone/MP3 player plugged into USB port at the same time.

Microphone on the s705 is not too hot, which must be used when connected to E's AUX input for phone conversation, but BT stereo audio work fairly well for BT cellphone audio/streaming to E's speakers.

By the way, I also use s705 with my cellphone listen to internet radio when I go jogging, biking, or inline skating. With my cellphone tug in the pocket or backpack, only small s705 clip on outside of pant pocket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts