Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 element w navi (love it btw and it was HELL to get), and have a couple questions.

1. what kind of navi is it exactly? What brand and model?
try as i might, it is not listed anywhere

2. has it been hacked in anyway?

3. what all can that USB cable be used for other than ipod? And does it support other music players?

Thanks folks

·
Registered
599 Posts
I believe all the Honda navi units (Acura as well) are OEM'd from Alpine.

I'll leave it to others more versed than I to answer your other questions, but I'm guessing the answers are no, nothing and no.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
all the previous navigation units for honda were made by alpine as they used to have stickers indicating such on the actual units in the odyssey's we had in the shop, but i havent seen that on the newer ones. either they got smart and stopped putting the stickers on the units or they dont make them anymore. i do believe they still make them as they are on pretty much any nav disc upgrade for honda still. as they are users of Navteq mapping/etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
regarding the USB cable, the only music players i've tried so far have been ipods and iphones. but i'm pretty sure it will play others - zunes etc. one thing i think is really cool about it is that you can load up a usb thumb drive, plug it in, and play music right off of that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info folks. If anyone comes up with anything else, the info is more than welcome...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Honda makes owner's manuals and nav system manuals available as a PDF file for free viewing and download. Currently 1990 thru 2010 are online for all their vehicles.

<https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/RJAAI001_OMANUAL.asp>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts