Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped in at a local dealer to see if any '09's were there to be seen. No, but I innocently asked about pricing and availability on an '09 EX manual transmission.

Availability: said not a single '09 manual transmission scheduled for delivery to any New England dealer, so would have to be special ordered for an estimated February delivery.

Pricing: Dealer quoted MSRP of $23,355 (agrees with Edmunds) and a sale price of $21,555, which is a bit below the Edmunds invoice price of $21,783. I thought it was significant that he offered below invoice before I started to negotiate, or even indicated I would.

I also asked about a leftover and was told only three '08 EX manuals existed in New England. Quoted price for those was only about $250 below the '09. I was surprised a far bigger discount wasn't offered, but might be just because he'd have to get an '08 from another dealer.

Edmunds doesn't show any cash sale incentives, or manufacturer to dealer incentives. I wonder just how cheaply an '09 can be bought for, as I doubt this was the dealer's best offer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try some other dealers, they might tell you something different. Never trust a salesman... :rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts