Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Element and I've been looking at the specs for the 09 and 10. I haven't been able to find any difference between the two except for two new colors. Am I missing something? A new cup holder....anything? Did they really just slap new paint job on the 09 and call it the new model? I have pricing lined up for an 09 EX that is $1500 less that the 10 EX. Should I just get the '09?

·
12,180 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Element and I've been looking at the specs for the 09 and 10. I haven't been able to find any difference between the two except for two new colors. Am I missing something? A new cup holder....anything? Did they really just slap new paint job on the 09 and call it the new model? I have pricing lined up for an 09 EX that is $1500 less that the 10 EX. Should I just get the '09?

Other then the deletion of a 5-speed option and losing the option of navi on the SC no changes. No colours added either....just the same 7 colours as were offered for 2009.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, this Saturday, i am planning on getting my father his Element. So far, i am looking at this pricing:

2010 Element EX 2wd (no Navi) Silver + windown tint = $23,600 drive out (TTL included)

I am still waiting on another dealer to match or beat it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thai, what state are you in?

I'd buy it right now if I could get that price. I'm about to go haggle with a dealer in So Cal on a 2010 to see what he'll give me. My credit union can only get the price on a 10 EX (no navi) down to $22,750. Tax and title and i'm at $25k.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd buy it right now if I could get that price. I'm about to go haggle with a dealer in So Cal on a 2010 to see what he'll give me. My credit union can only get the price on a 10 EX (no navi) down to $22,750. Tax and title and i'm at $25k.
Wow...sorry to hear that. Buy a 1-way airplane ticket to Texas, get your Element, then drive it back to So Cal! :) It will still be cheaper doing it that way...and a perfect way to break in your new car! BTW, the dealer above has 2 Element silver color...fresh off the boat too...so, it is not even in inventory yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it!

Let me just start by saying how much I hate dealing with car salesman. After listening to them try to screw me I was gave them a take it or leave it offer. They took it and I was able to get a '10 EX 2wd for the price I wanted to pay. I don't think they're selling too many cars these days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought a 2010 E here in Orange County CA. There are NONE in inventory anywhere. Dealers have probably all sold out by now as last week they got delivery of one each. They don't expect another shipment until next month at the earliest. That said it is difficult but not impossible to get a good deal. I got the EX with Navi for 24k, total drive off was 26k and change.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anybody happen to know exactly what the dealer invoice is on the 2010s? I'm preparing an offer to send around to all of the nearby dealerships (first E, can't wait!) and would love to be able to cite the exact dealer invoice.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Bull's Eye Price

Does anybody happen to know exactly what the dealer invoice is on the 2010s?
Edmunds.com still doesn't have the 2010 invoice pricing out yet, or the 2010 Element for that matter. However, I can help you out.

What specific drive/trim are you looking for?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Here Ya Go!

I'm looking to get a 4WD EX.
FOR THE RECORD:
The invoice price should/will be the amount below or a few dollars away(as in $10 or less, up or down).

2010 4WD EX A/T
MSRP PRICE = $24,595
INVOICE PRICE = $22,938

You might want to read on this site about people who've bought E's for $300-500 below invoice in some cases.

Good luck in your E hunt!
Hope this helps you out.
:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
You might want to read on this site about people who've bought E's for $300-500 below invoice in some cases.

Good luck in your E hunt!
Hope this helps you out.
:)
Wow...that is a good discount ($300-500) on a 2010 E! Elementric, have you found a deal on your future E that beat my deal? (My deal: 2010 Element EX 2wd SILVER no navi + window tint = $23,600 drive out.) I still have time to back out of my deal if you found something better.

I don't think MSRP includes destination fee ($710 i think)...so that should be included when talking about final prices on a car, right?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Was My # The One U Were Talking About?

Does anybody happen to know exactly what the dealer invoice is on the 2010s? I'm preparing an offer to send around to all of the nearby dealerships (first E, can't wait!) and would love to be able to cite the exact dealer invoice.
The "invoice" price I posted above is what should/will be on the Edmunds.com site. I've read that this "invoice" price shown is still not what the dealer truly pays for the vehicle. That would explain how people have gotten Es for less than this number. The dealer still had to turn a profit, so, this number ultimately can't be correct. As far as the "true invoice", I don't know how you could get hold of that information.

The one I posted is the "invoice" price that I'm referring to about people getting $300-500 below. But, I've read that the supply has to be up and the new model year has to have been out for a while, which the 2010s haven't. Therefore, this good of a deal might not be possible right now. Then again, with the way car sales are, you just never know...

·
Registered
25 Posts
The "invoice" price I posted above is what should/will be on the Edmunds.com site. I've read that this "invoice" price shown is still not what the dealer truly pays for the vehicle. That would explain how people have gotten Es for less than this number. The dealer still had to turn a profit, so, this number ultimately can't be correct. As far as the "true invoice", I don't know how you could get hold of that information.

The one I posted is the "invoice" price that I'm referring to about people getting $300-500 below. But, I've read that the supply has to be up and the new model year has to have been out for a while, which the 2010s haven't. Therefore, this good of a deal might not be possible right now. Then again, with the way car sales are, you just never know...
I think that there is something called, "dealer holdback," and it is usually 2-3% of the price of the vehicle. So, yes, the invoice price published on the sites are not what the dealer paid (to Honda) for the car. However, unless they have a ton of E on the lot and it is the end of the year (in this case, if you're buying a 2009 Element at this time), then dealer will be willing to give up the holdback to get rid of their inventory. In addition, sometimes the car manufacturers will give rebates to the dealer to sell a car...and this rebate is hidden and is not the rebate that you see on TV. So, yeah, you will almost never buy a car for the price the dealer paid for it. They ALWAYS make profit...how much of it depends on your haggling skills.

As Elementric stated above, it could be difficult to get E at invoice price at this time if you're looking for a 2010 model. As far as i know, the 2010's are just hitting the dealerships now. Most dealers only have 2-3 max in their inventory. So, it will be difficult to get them to deal down to their "true" invoice, much less the published invoice. But, i am sure that you can easily get $300-500 below invoice on a 2009 Element...but unfortunately, around Texas, the only Element EX available is the orange color (too radical for my dad) and plenty of Element SC and LXs. So, if you're looking for 2009 LX or SCs, then you have plenty to choose from, but not so for the EX. :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts