Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Got a small 1/2" crack in windshield. Been there for 2 years and has not grown.:)

Has anyone tried the DIY windshield repair kits. Do they work and is the repair invisible?

TNX:razz:

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did one small chip myself about a year ago and my insurance company paid for one last week. I can't see either repair without using a magnifier. Some insurance companies are paying for chip repair as it prevents larger replacement claims.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i just got my whole windshield replaced for 120. had a nice 1-2 feet crack spanning across my whole upper windshield..wiiiiierd.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Windshield Cracks

I just got my whole windshield replaced for 120.
Where did you get that quote? I have a Safelight quote for $200. They fixed two chips earlier in the year for $125.

Mine is a ten inch crack which spread from a pebble hitting my windshield out of my view while flying along the interstate. I saw the pebble and heard the hit but saw no damage. The crack grew from that.

It would be great if Element windshields could be made from Corning's Gorilla Glass.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
i have a 1/4 in mark on my windshield, i was going to do the DIY repair but i have a 0 dollar deduct. thru geico, so i'll wait for it to spiderweb :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
I got mine cracked a few days ago while coming home from North Dakota. It's a spider shaped crack. Also got a ding in the front of the hood. Estimate around $800. $100 deductible.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I got mine cracked a few days ago while coming home from North Dakota. It's a spider shaped crack. Also got a ding in the front of the hood. Estimate around $800. $100 deductible.
Windshield should only run about 200 installed IF that & a "ding" in the hood can be done with paintless dent removal for about 50-75 dollars.

·
Registered
478 Posts
tbh some dude has been walkin around my work parking lot and has tagged my ride with his business card for quite some time till he just came into my work ..t-mobile..and told me his business was fixing/replacing windshields..So far its been 3-4 months since the repair..and its flawless. 120..and 1 yr warranty.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Where did you get that quote? I have a Safelight quote for $200. They fixed two chips earlier in the year for $125.

Mine is a ten inch crack which spread from a pebble hitting my windshield out of my view while flying along the interstate. I saw the pebble and heard the hit but saw no damage. The crack grew from that.

It would be great if Element windshields could be made from Corning's Gorilla Glass.
I had a pebble hit my windshield 3 weeks ago, called the insurance company the day after it happened. It was a little bullet-sized smack with a 1/4" crack. They gave me a choice....have it repaired for free or pay $100 for a new windshield. I figured the damage was small so I had it repaired. The guy who came and did it was kind of a dimwit from what we could tell. Yesterday I was driving, and suddenly a 10" or 12" inch crack started out of that and went across.....calling the insurance company again tomorrow. So much for the "repair."

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Since I drive on the highway so much, I cosider the windhshield on the E to be a temporary part at best. I'm still running my OE now with 13 hits quarter sized or smaller. It's the 12" crack at the top center meandering across my sightline that will define the replacement time down the road.

There's just too much "activity" on that windscreen for me to replace with every pop. Kinda looks like I just pulled it off the front of a WWI fighter plane right now. :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts