Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Element EX (Blue)
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
And I have come along another question 🤦🏼‍♀️ Probably shoulda just taken to a professional (although the process has been very rewarding)
So I ordered this so that I could have radio signal

so I realized it needs the antenna power (blue wire) I have two blue wires that came on the stereo:

I realize now that the amp turn on wire from the car harness probably should’ve been connected to the amp c wire (solid blue) and the radio antenna should’ve been connected to the ant cont wire (blue with white stripe. However, I currently have my amp wire connected to the ant cont wire. Should I switch them so that the amp is to the amp c and the antenna is to the ant cont? Or does it not really matter and I can just connect the antenna to the amp c? If I do need to switch it, I would have to cut at the ends of my shrink wrap to detach the wires? (Like this:)

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD AT in Orange
99 Posts
If that is what the instruction manual says the AMP-C cable is, then you can. But it is just a turn on signal cable, so the antenna wire (blue one you used) also works to do the same thing. I'd just leave it if the amp is turning on and the speakers play music.

You still havent addressed the subwoofer cable. That single rca jack cable that came with the harness.

I have no idea where you'd plug that in. Review the heatunit instruction manual to see what they say about subwoofer connection to your headunit.

Otherwise, you would need to split that aux out 3x, and use a low pass filter inline with the subwoofer split to remove the highs and mids from the signal. Notice there are two in there for left and righ but only one sub cable. You would also have to recombine using a y splitter the left and right back to one jack.

While you could avoid the combining split, if a sound file has the low tones on the right side only, and you used the left to connect the sub, you won't hear any low lones.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If that is what the instruction manual says the AMP-C cable is, then you can. But it is just a turn on signal cable, so the antenna wire (blue one you used) also works to do the same thing. I'd just leave it if the amp is turning on and the speakers play music.

You still havent addressed the subwoofer cable. That single rca jack cable that came with the harness.

I have no idea where you'd plug that in. Review the heatunit instruction manual to see what they say about subwoofer connection to your headunit.

Otherwise, you would need to split that aux out 3x, and use a low pass filter inline with the subwoofer split to remove the highs and mids from the signal. Notice there are two in there for left and righ but only one sub cable. You would also have to recombine using a y splitter the left and right back to one jack.

While you could avoid the combining split, if a sound file has the low tones on the right side only, and you used the left to connect the sub, you won't hear any low lones.
So idk why but I had an extra rca plug on the radio rca harness that had a plug labels sub-out. So, that’s what I plugged into and with test, I have confirmed that the sub is working (it’s supposed to sound super base-y and weird on it’s own right) pic:

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD AT in Orange
99 Posts
Yes, that blue and green come out, and in its place goes the red and white with the green plug end so the aux in jack works.

Once you get the splitters, unplug the grey and white, attach splitters ,replug and add in the blue and green to the 2 still open split connections.

Perfect. Sounds like you now know what needs gettin and what needs doin.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD AT in Orange
99 Posts
AMAZING! That is an excellent job, well done!

If I may ask, what type and brand of paint did you use here? Any instruction location you would recommend because.......YOWZA!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
AMAZING! That is an excellent job, well done!

If I may ask, what type and brand of paint did you use here? Any instruction location you would recommend because.......YOWZA!
Thank you, thank you 😂 I used this paint:

To prime it, I used de-natured alcohol to get some of the existing paint off. Then I did 4 THIN coats of the blue (an hour apart) and then used a gloss (same brand) and did 2 thin coats of that. It’s not perfect, but I am IN LOVE with the way it turned out, and it matches my steering wheel cover really well. It also is very solid (no sign of scratching) after letting cure for 3 days.

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
435 Posts
Nice work, you have FAR more patience than I do... (I recognize that Heavy Duty shelving!)
I usually flub up my painting... too much, too quick, not enough prep... I've done it all!

Excellent work all around, beautifully displayed "before/after" (that takes foresight/planning that I appreciate!)
Between @Toast Malone and our friend @LANPartyCEO I feel my visual presentation skills need to step up their game! :ROFLMAO: (y)

Brad

Reactions: Toast Malone

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ok so weird question: is there a way to make it quieter? Not the problem I thought I would have 😂 At the lowest volume setting, it is still pretty loud.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok so weird question: is there a way to make it quieter? Not the problem I thought I would have 😂 At the lowest volume setting, it is still pretty loud.
I’m going to ask a stupid question but maybe it’ll help - Are you using your phone as the audio source? If so have you tried turning the volume on your phone down?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I’m going to ask a stupid question but maybe it’ll help - Are you using your phone as the audio source? If so have you tried turning the volume on your phone down?
Not stupid! That works great for Bluetooth. However I usually use the radio or play music directly from the unit itself (I downloaded Spotify on it)

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
435 Posts
(comic relief, inbound....)

Normally, if I want to make the wind noises less prevalent, I turn up the radio...

So drive faster... :ROFLMAO:(y)

There’s also the power button..? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I never claimed it was good comedy,
Brad

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
(comic relief, inbound....)

Normally, if I want to make the wind noises less prevalent, I turn up the radio...

So drive faster... :ROFLMAO:(y)

There’s also the power button..? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I never claimed it was good comedy,
Brad
Oh luckily I actually don’t have any static from the speaker. I really mean that when the radio is playing on the lowest volume, the music is still pretty loud 😂

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD AT in Orange
99 Posts
Ahh well given it is android based device, it should have it's own independent volume setting in the settings menu.

Maybe, and this is crazy thinking, but maybe the "volume" buttons you use to turn the sound you hear up and down work alongside the android system volume setting. As in, the volume buttons may actually just change resistance to the plugs themselves directly to adjust sound, which would mean that the media output in android system settings is setting the volume, and the volume buttons is then adjusting how much of that gets through, if that makes sense.

I highly doubt it, but i've seen worse and crazier.

Beyond that, in the android system setting, try playing with both system and media volume levels. It could also just be programmed as such that when you are doing things like radio it considers it system, and other apps media.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts