Honda Element Owners Club banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD AT in Orange
99 Posts
Also I found a solution to the radio being too loud. I went to the sounds adjustment tab in settings where I had the highs, mids, and lows at 50% with the sub a bit higher. Then I lowered everything to about three clicks above zero with the sub being a little higher, and that reduced the volume by a solid 50%! I don’t believe it has made the music sound weird, but once again, not picky.
YES! Exactly what I was attempting to describe LOL. Glad you were able to find it.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Element EX (Blue)
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Yes ,of course pics are wanted...lol..
I've been scouring the net for floor mats this week also..would love to see what u got and how they fit...how much u spend ? Are they shaped for the E or just universal? I don't see the mat hooks in my 04 floors..u got floor hooks in urs?
They are about $40 and are universal. I don’t use May hooks, but since they are kinda big they don’t have much room to slide. I got navy blue and I think it matches well. Don’t mind the dirt lol

link: Motor Trend 923-CB Cobalt Blue... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VXS3MB2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
........:oops:

I mean, can't hurt. Especially since if a surge hits the camera with no ground near it it could blow.

I wired up my head unit once, forgot to connect the ground but it still worked. Must have been grounding through the body to a body part of the car. Anyway, a short test drive and i found that the headunit was HOT, like can't touch it engine hot. If the heat sink wasn't built into the back of the unit it definitely would have died and/or caught fire.

Point is, just because it is grounded doesn't mean it is PROPERLY grounded. There is a reason that in the Big 3 upgrade we upgrade the negative cable too. The power has to be able to flow out as fast or faster than it can flow in to be safe and protected. Longer runs means thicker ground cable on that run, or a smaller and shorter ground cable to a more local ground point closer to the device being grounded. This is also the same reason we just run a smaller gauge cable to ground an amplifier to the car body (the car body is grounded the battery negative and vice versa, so a local body metal point uses the whole car chasis to connect those two points) in the amplifier's local area, instead of running a 0 gauge cable from the battery to the amlifier (becaue you need a bigger gauge for the longer run).
I was told that there was a ground ran through the video cable itself, so as long as I connect the power and trigger wire together, I should be good.

·
Registered
2004 element ex Auto Trans 234,000miles
108 Posts
They are about $40 and are universal. I don’t use May hooks, but since they are kinda big they don’t have much room to slide. I got navy blue and I think it matches well. Don’t mind the dirt lol
View attachment 209850
View attachment 209851
link: Motor Trend 923-CB Cobalt Blue... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VXS3MB2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Thanks bud. Appreciate it .was looking at this too.. does look like they are large enough to fit snug on our large footwells...all that room and no left foot rest for the driver ..lol
SMH.....thanks again for the visuals.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Thanks bud. Appreciate it .was looking at this too.. does look like they are large enough to fit snug on our large footwells...all that room and no left foot rest for the driver ..lol
SMH.....thanks again for the visuals.
Lol I’ve seen people put foot rests in after market, they are pretty cool

·
Registered
2004 element ex Auto Trans 234,000miles
108 Posts
Plug somethig into the aux port on dash and play it....then open the purple AVIi
No, there is no software that supports it. I don't really mind though because of the bluetooth.
N app in the head units stock software and then select the camera looking circle @ btm right.
It opens 2 option ..select DVD..and see it it plays over car speakers now....let me know if it works for you.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts