Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from driving through downtown..... terrible with the strikes going on and Gardiner / DVP closed from Hwy 427 to the west and Hwy 401 to the north......... Drivers' tempers were flaring...lots of road rages, yelling, honking and inconsiderate attitudes........ I tried to be nice by yielding and help lost folks but got honked and cursed at too....... Avoid that area until further notice!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
block up all the lanes and do a 20km/h drive

Disclaimer..... it is just a fantasy thought.... don't try this..... I wont be liable for any legal consequences......

·
Registered
839 Posts
What happened hapy? Why are there strikes and traffic jams?

I'm out of the GTA loop now that I don't live there anymore :-(

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont worry u have missed much.....juz a pain in the butt..... when are u in town again??? do bbq @ my place

·
Registered
839 Posts
dont worry u have missed much.....juz a pain in the butt..... when are u in town again??? do bbq @ my place
So what happened? Who was on strike and why were those areas so nutty?

I'm not sure exactly when I'm coming to the GTA but I know I'll be making my way up there in the next couple months to visit and go shopping so I'll let you know ahead of time and we can do the BBQ thing for sure.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Lets just say some people pciked a not so great place to have a meeting and leave it at that...we don't need to get into the little details about who they were and why they were there.
Ouch. Sorry Adrian, I'm out of the GTA loop so I didn't hear what happened.

Sucks though. Toronto traffic was bad enough when things were good when I was in school. I can't imagine a 400-series highway with severely disgruntled drivers :-(

·
12,179 Posts
Ouch. Sorry Adrian, I'm out of the GTA loop so I didn't hear what happened.

Sucks though. Toronto traffic was bad enough when things were good when I was in school. I can't imagine a 400-series highway with severely disgruntled drivers :-(
PM sent.

The cause of the back up was all over the news. But due to the nature of the event it is best left off the open foum.

·
Registered
839 Posts
PM sent.

The cause of the back up was all over the news. But due to the nature of the event it is best left off the open foum.
No worries man. I totally understand.

PM received and reply sent.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i agree.... my only advice is....keep your ears open on AM 680 before you drive into Toronto....period!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Driving in Toronto is not so bad , as long as your on the road at 3 A.M. The party people are usually home by then and morning rush hour starts at 5 ;-)

·
12,179 Posts
On my morning commute i actually face more traffic going thru Ajax/Pickering than i do when i hit Toronto. But i do get off at Meadowvale most mornings and take back roads over to Markham Rd.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Its a bottle neck in Ajax , only 4 lanes for the 401 , ;-) it really opens up when you get to Toronto , LOL its amazing the # of vehicles running across the 401... night and day

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
try the airport / hwy 409 on hwy 401....... 10 lanes to 4 lanes then back to 8..... + 403, 410, 409 traffic coming in and 400 going out! chaos!

·
Registered
839 Posts
The last six weeks of Honda School I drove home every weekend and the only time window I was able to get on the 401 to go home on Fridays was 5:00-5:30pm :rolleyes:. Took me over an hour just to get from Markham Road @ the 401 to the 427/Airport Road area. Stop....go....stop....go :rolleyes:.

Never got home on Friday until 9 or 9:30 at the earliest. Sundays were hit and miss coming back into the GTA between 8:30pm and 10pm.

All I'm going to say is I love my 5 minute commute to work here in Chatham. Biggest "gridlock" (if you want to call it that LOL) we have is 5-10mins just after noon when Union Gas corporate lets out for lunch. If it's a bad day, you are the 15th car at the left turn light and you might have to wait until the next one, and even that bugs me sometimes :lol:.

·
12,179 Posts
When i worked at our Mississausauge store a few years back it would take me almost 2 hours to get home to Scarborough.

The kicker was that it only took me 45 minutes to get there in the morning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts