Honda Element Owners Club banner

281 - 300 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
almost 296k miles. it was in the shop for a small accident, but other than that its tip top. ac went out and the quote was around $1400, so it doesn't work. it has some small brake issues that are getting cleared up. it has also started having some sloppy steering, so I've ordered that special honda wrench tool to attempt the steering rack adjustment i've seen posted. I also need sway bar bushings, they're starting to squeak, I think those are around $15.

·
Registered
19 Posts
298,000 miles. Never in the shop for anything other than fender benders. AC went out over 2 years ago. I've got to change the sway bar bushings this spring and I've got a sticking suicide door. runs great!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I am surprised at how well the interior (seats) have held up over 9 year and 100K miles. No rips and it looks about as good as when I bought it with 27K miles on it. Good build quality from the folks at Honda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 270k on my 2007 EX AWD... It drives like new, but I do take excellent care of it... Hope to get another 100k no problem!

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to the Forum. My name is Pete, I recently purchased an 05 Element EX AWD, AT. 245,xxx miles. Just got it on the road this weekend.
It needed sway bar seals and bushings, exhaust flanges cut and welded, new pads and rotors all the way around, new rear drivers side caliper, rear passenger side wheel bearing and control arm, 4 new tires, windshield, oil change, state inspection and I'm off!

Runs great for the mileage, very smooth. I'm looking forward to seeing how much life I can coax out of it, I'm meticulous about fluid changes and preventative maintenance. Past owner apparently not as much. I'm into it about $3300.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
New to the Forum. My name is Pete, I recently purchased an 05 Element EX AWD, AT. 245,xxx miles. Just got it on the road this weekend.
It needed sway bar seals and bushings, exhaust flanges cut and welded, new pads and rotors all the way around, new rear drivers side caliper, rear passenger side wheel bearing and control arm, 4 new tires, windshield, oil change, state inspection and I'm off!

Runs great for the mileage, very smooth. I'm looking forward to seeing how much life I can coax out of it, I'm meticulous about fluid changes and preventative maintenance. Past owner apparently not as much. I'm into it about $3300.
Welcome. Glad to see another E find a good home.

281 - 300 of 330 Posts