Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Invention Of The Century: In-Car Pizza OvenMORE: awesome, brilliant, cooking, cooking while driving, dangerous, delicious, driving, genius, great ideas, hot, i want, it's about time!, mmmm, om nom nom, pizza, smart, totally safe, what could go wrong?, yes please

I think I speak for us all when I say, it's about damn time. This 12-volt pizza oven plugs right into a car's cigarette lighter or power point so you can cook a breakfast pizza on your commute to work. Or a dinner pizza on your way home! Or burn your car to the ground! The $36 oven is a real product and I just bought two. One for the front seat, and one for the kids in the back. What in the -- damnit kids, I smell burning army men! *sniff* I'm just so proud.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Could you give us some info on where to buy? Link? Store?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Awesome - The Camping group should be all over this one

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Invention Of The Century: In-Car Pizza OvenMORE: awesome, brilliant, cooking, cooking while driving, dangerous, delicious, driving, genius, great ideas, hot, i want, it's about time!, mmmm, om nom nom, pizza, smart, totally safe, what could go wrong?, yes please

I think I speak for us all when I say, it's about damn time. This 12-volt pizza oven plugs right into a car's cigarette lighter or power point so you can cook a breakfast pizza on your commute to work. Or a dinner pizza on your way home! Or burn your car to the ground! The $36 oven is a real product and I just bought two. One for the front seat, and one for the kids in the back. What in the -- damnit kids, I smell burning army men! *sniff* I'm just so proud.

Wow !! In this state, Cooking the KIDS in the back seat is not Legal !! :-D

What's the cooking Time ??

Dom

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
This thing - or something uncannily similar also labeled "pizza oven" - has been sold in truck stop stores for years. These and other cheap 12V gismos are hawked to over-the-road truckers since they basically live in their cabs. Most of this stuff - as you can readily surmise - is crap.

·
Registered
593 Posts
12 volt pizza oven, please

Nice, but that doesn't even touch the 12 volt deep fat fryer I saw in a "flying J travel center" on the grapevine in California. I can just picture it now rolling down the road, fryer on the dash making fresh onion rings and deep fried twinkies.
Next up 09' Darwin Awards.:grin:

·
Registered
549 Posts
12 V oven and fryer.....Jet and Josh, I can get some yeast, flour from work, and chicken....then we can have hot pizza and fry chicken during the DV 2010 trip....:grin::grin:

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Does that pizza look too big for that oven to anyone else? I call P-shop on the pizza in the oven! lol :lol:
I agree. Photoshoped switches, pizza, plug . Just looks fake.
And what kind of amp draw are we looking at here on this thing? I don't know if I'd want to run a pizza over in my cigarette lighter's circuit. The fuse would probably go out in a hurry.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yea, what kind of current does this thing take? Assuming the plug is 10 amp capable, the power would be 120W. Thats not going to cook a pizza. Has anyone tried baking a pizza with a hair dryer? Those are typically 1200 to 1500 watts. I don't think you can do it.

The better option would be a inverter with small microwave.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You guys sure know how to ruin a Joke !
Who cares if the 6" pizza is photoshopped ? It still represents a 6' pizza inside a 6" pizza oven which means the plug is the correct proportion

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
The shelves of the local Pilot truck stop have a bunch of different 12v items like this and they're always coated with enough dust to show how fast anyone actually buys any. It's still neat to go through and look at all the weird things people dream up to sell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts