Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm about to take over a Honda Element from a family member. I believe its a 2004 or 2005 year model, but not totally sure. I am pretty sure it has one 12V power adapter near the front right dash area. I plan to hook up a plug-n-play satellite radio system to this power outlet.

However, can anybody tell me if power will disconnect from this the 12V connector when the car is turned off? Or will it stay "hot"? I am trying to decide on a portable satellite radio, but the one I am looking at doesn't have any kind of automatic power shutoff. If this Honda 12V is "switched", then I don't have to worry about this feature on the radio. If the 12V is "unswitched" & stays on even when the car is turned off, then I might have to consider different satellite radio hardware.

Just wondering and hope someone here can help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
12v power switch

The outlet you mention, in the dash, is switched. When you turn off the ignition, power to the outlet stops.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

Yea, looking for it to completely turn off when the ignition is totally turned off and the key is removed. Thanks for the info viking vol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts