Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally splurged on a tiny travel trailer! We pick it up in a few days! It's a 1966 Shasta Compact- only ten feet long! It's pretty complete, but does need the normal leak repairs and such. It'll be a great project- can't wait to start! I took a few photos where she stands now, if you're interested: 1966 Shasta Compact

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Congratulations! I adore those old Shastas. A fellow camper gave me a tour last summer. I have a photo of it somewhere.

Are you going to restore it to the original colors? (pink & white)

The interior cabinetry, table and appliances look to be in decent condition. Looks like it will be some work but a labor of love all the same.

Please keep us updated with restoration pics.

:)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, our first goals are to just get it usable. A full restore will come at some point, but being that it's pretty solid- a few repairs and a major cleaning should get it going for some near-immediate usage.

I am not a fan of pink...but I am a fan of keeping things original, or to the best of ability- original...so I am conflicted...but leaning on going with an orange (which would match the original interior). I will be redoing the cushions and curtains though, too...but will likely stick with a vintage pattern...in the browns/orange/yellow's...I was thinking I would try to find something with the colors I like- but that may also include a bit of pink...bugs me that the outside doesn't match the inside! (what were they thinkin!?) :)

Will definitely post as things progress...:razz:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) Yup. ...I like Avocado green though! :p

When the time comes, for new skin or paint- I will most likely want to go with something that matches my E (orange)...being it's paid off and I plan on keeping it FOR EVER. :) Just need to do some research. I've already started peeking at retro upholstery fabric and they have some nice selections out there!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Wow that three burner stove and oven is something you just don't find in a trailer that size anymore. I love the parkay floor and it looks to be in pretty fair condition. The other feature that I love is the all metal screen door. Modern trailer screen doors just seem so flimsy and cheap in comparison.
Great find, keep us updated!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks; I appreciate everyone's comments.

Currently researching rims/tires and getting varying conversion info- will have to make some calls tomorrow during the day.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I love it!!! Great find! Please keep us posted on your restoration.

I think I may be getting closer to getting my wife to agree to a travel trailer for our road trips.

Happy Trails to you....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts