Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What offset is needed on 9.5" wide to clear everything and not stick out past the fenders too bad? Anybody have this width or size? Will 19x9.5 +38 clear the front ok? Probably going to be a 255/40-19 tire. TIA

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see anyone in that thread with a 9.5" wide in the front, or even a 9" for that matter. If my question belongs in there, put it in there.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I would say that width with a +38 or +40 would almost be perfect. Just have to be carefull of the inside. May have to run a little camber. It would be flush. Go for +35 or lower to be hellaflush! I have a +42 in the front and it is flush.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say that width with a +38 or +40 would almost be perfect. Just have to be carefull of the inside. May have to run a little camber. It would be flush. Go for +35 or lower to be hellaflush! I have a +42 in the front and it is flush.
How wide? As the width gets larger, the offset needs to get larger as well. I currently have 18x8" wide with a +30. My concern is whether a 9.5 with similar offset fits in the wheel well (doesn't rub the suspension or inside fenders during u-turns), while still keeping the same flushness that I have now. If I calculate exact, it comes out to +48 to match the +30 I have now, but I am willing to give or take 10mm to clear the inside.

The other option I have is 18x9" with +41, which will probably be about perfect, but not 19".

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
How wide? As the width gets larger, the offset needs to get larger as well. I currently have 18x8" wide with a +30. My concern is whether a 9.5 with similar offset fits in the wheel well (doesn't rub the suspension or inside fenders during u-turns), while still keeping the same flushness that I have now. If I calculate exact, it comes out to +48 to match the +30 I have now, but I am willing to give or take 10mm to clear the inside.

The other option I have is 18x9" with +41, which will probably be about perfect, but not 19".
If you go with a 9.5, don't drop below a 40 mm off-set, and I would go with a 245X45X19" tire. The 18X9 with the 41mm off-set is perfect. Mine are 20X9.5" two-piece forged DPE's with a are 41.2mm custom off-set, with 245X40X20" Toyo Proxes 4 tires.

Chief

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, this is very helpful. It is really hard to find a 9.5 with a larger offset then +38 (in anything that looks good on the E). I think I may go with the 18x9 with the +41. It just seems like it's going to be the easiest choice. Thinking of going with 255/45-18 yoko s.drive

·
Registered
599 Posts
Just keep in mind if you are lowered and you want to be flush, then there will more than likely be some fender modifications necessary in the rear.

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Just keep in mind if you are lowered and you want to be flush, then there will more than likely be some fender modifications necessary in the rear.
This is 100% correct, my rear fenders have bee professionally cut out. ;-)

Chief

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I didn't see anyone in that thread with a 9.5" wide in the front, or even a 9" for that matter.
I know that's a huge thread,but there's actually a few wheels in 20" diameter in there with 9/9.5 and even 10" widths. My E' which is on page 47 has 20X9.5's 40mm offset front and rear. I had to use a 1/4 spacer and extended wheel studs on the rear to gain safe enough clearance.
Here's a link to mine.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=838825&postcount=461
^^At some angles they look like they stick out a bit,but in person you can really see that they are actually quite flush with the wheel wells.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you go with a 9.5, don't drop below a 40 mm off-set, and I would go with a 245X45X19" tire. The 18X9 with the 41mm off-set is perfect. Mine are 20X9.5" two-piece forged DPE's with a are 41.2mm custom off-set, with 245X40X20" Toyo Proxes 4 tires.

Chief

How about a 19x9.5 +35 with 245/45-19 tire all the way around, or is that 5mm going to kill me? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
mr2driver, this should help:

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

It gives ALL the specs for original tire size compared to what you want to
put on the E. It will even tell you how far in and out your tire will sit toward
the suspension or the fender.

I use 225/55-18 X 7.0 ET 45 for stock since thats what my SC has on stock.

When I enter in the specs you posted, (How about a 19x9.5 +35 with
245/45-19 tire all the way around, or is that 5mm going to kill me? Thanks!),
this is what I get:

No problem with suspension clearance.

Package will stick out 20 mm (0.8'') farther. Make sure that you have
enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset.

No wheel well issues, tire is the same size.

You can try different size tires, different rim widths, different offsets,
and it gives you a quick reference to where you may or may not have
fitment issues.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
This tool is excellent, thanks bunches! When I compared it to my current setup 235/50-18 18x8 +30, it comes out to be the same exact fitment as the 245/45-19 19x9.5 +35. Sticks out .8"

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
This tool is excellent, thanks bunches! When I compared it to my current setup 235/50-18 18x8 +30, it comes out to be the same exact fitment as the 245/45-19 19x9.5 +35. Sticks out .8"
You are very welcome. I have been looking at rims for a while now, found
that while doing a google search. It works really well and comes in handy
for quick comparisons!!!

Keep us posted on what you decide to get, with pix of course!!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts