Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Jason here from London Ontario--I'm picking up my NBP 07 Element EX in 1 hour and 9 minutes. Will post pics after the weekened.

Thanks to everyone on here--I've been lurking quite a bit and it really helped in my decision/killed me during the wait.

JASON

·
Registered
262 Posts
ooooh... a 2007 NBP...my favorite...welcome to the light & out of the lurking shadows.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I finally picked up my new E!! It ended up being after three hours of messing around with a contract that had changed from the one I'd signed. Unfortunately I was leaving for a trip that day and had NO TIME to play with my E. That's right- I picked it up, dropped it off in the drive way and off we went for 4 1/2 days, with no love for my new ride-torture!!!

Well, we got home tonight and I finally got to play around a bit. I'm sure the neighbors thought I was nuts, sitting in the back seat by myself, raising seats, lowering seats, sitting on the tailgate. So far I am in love...what a great vehicle-the perfect blend of fun and function.

I'm coming from an 06 CR-V which will be in the before and after pics I post up tomorrow. Funny story is, when I bought my CR-V three years ago I dismissed the Element only because I has assumed they were significantly more expensive than the CR-V. I had signed the paper work for my CR-V and when I went to pick it up I saw the price of the Elements and groaned...I loved the CR-V but the Element spec sheet read like a wishlist for my ultimate vehicle. Oh well, maybe next car I thought! So now three years later I'm in the car I should have bought in the first place and I'm like a kid on christmas morning.

First impressions:
LOVIN
I'm loving how high you sit, even compared to the cr-v; I love the huge windshield/side windows-just feels so open;I love the floors-carpet shmarpet!; love the tailgate, with the flip down action-much nicer than the vault door on the cr-v; love the back sunroof(can't wait to do some stargazing!); love the black(thought I wanted silver but man the black just looks so...mean/shiny); love the BRIGHT blue guages; love the suicide doors-less than functional but so darn unique; lovin the stereo's sound(although sad we canucks don't get satellite); love the peppy ride...rides like a truck, but drives like a civic-perfect mix; love the dash mount manual shifter-too much fun!; love the front seats/arm rests-never had a right hand arm rest in the cr-v.

NOT LOVIN
Not lovin the seat mount seat belts-a little friction on the neck for me and the missus; not lovin the key chain dangling up against my knee-I like to be up and forward and this was never an issue on the cr-v, just means I'll have to do some adjusting; not loving the hvac controls greenish/dim lighting; really not lovin the ghetto center console(or lack thereof); not lovin the minimal storage options at the front.

Of course the 'not lovin' items are mostly nit picks and overall I am thrilled with the Element and am bummed that camping season is mostly over so we'll have to wait till next year to test out those abilities. To put it in perspective, I'm the guy that leases and trades in his vehicle every three years or so. When buying the Element I actually financed and opted for the extended warranty(I know, but I bought peace of mind)because I knew this vehicle would be sticking around. This is getting long winded and it's nothing you guys don't already know but it's just such a unique and exciting vehicle I had to pop in and rave about my new toy

JASON

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the Cult of E, M0nk! Congrats on that new E

Looking forward to some pics of that E.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Weekends over.................where are the promised pic's?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As promised...these are with my phone, I'm afraid, but I love the one in the driveway by itself--sooo shiny! The detail guy at the dealership does an amazing job. Craziest part is, he only has one arm. The others are before and after-that's my outgoing CR-V...good luck little buddy, you served us well. I am amazed at how much the roof rack adds to the look.

I went out this morning and my E is already covered in pollen and dust--here goes the black car insanity :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Nice trio...!

Awesome pics... Welcome M0nk and may your E give you many years of service and enjoyment... I know what you mean about camping...! Had to take my girlfriend out to a favorite lake and ended up bringing everything for her comfort and never got to try out "truck-camping" (no tent/just the E)...

So next year I guess...

Congrats...!

LBD

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! Got the E out tonight for it's maiden biking voyage...the Missus and I bought nice new road bikes last week and had yet to test them out-so today we managed to christen the bikes and the E at the same time. If I didn't love the E before, I sure do now. I flipped the seats up (less than a minute) lifted both bikes into the back--WHEELS ON (less than a minute) and then just a couple of bungies to hold the bikes in place and we were on the road, soooo quick and easy no mounts to worry about...we even found that the overhead storage bin is the perfect spot for our gloves. I brought my cell phone to take pics and found the battery dead, so I will be sure to post pics of both the bikes and the E next trip.

All in all a great experience that showcased what the Element is all about. I spent alot of time today floating around the forums--great stuff on here and glad to be a part of it!

M0NK

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Awesome pics, M0nk!!!

Glad to hear you're luvin' your E.

Now put a grill guard on that lower grill! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts