Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I both just graduated high school. I'm going to college, and he just flew to Georgia for boot camp for the army. So, in the market for my first car, I always loved his element through high school, so I bought it for a pretty good price!
It's a 2003 with 94,330 miles, stick shift, 2WD, and I got it for $6,000. US Bank offered me 3.67% APR so I financed the entire car, and just paid for the tax.
So far, I absolutely love it! I got it last night, and this morning I paid to get the front windows tinted, and I just put on $18 3.5" fog lights from Wal-Mart on tonight, they aren't wired yet though.

Here are some pictures of the beast!

I want to paint the light gray front two pieces (that surround the grill and hold the front license plate), and the back light gray bumper piece, and I was thinking about color matching the paint, does anyone know how to get a spray paint color that's pretty close to the original? Or any other color suggestions?

Thanks!
-TD

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
1st - WELCOME!!!
2nd - Its good that you filled most of your profile, but finish it up and put your location, it helps a lot when you have questions.
3rd - Nice of you to post up pix as well. Beautiful color!!! Almost as pretty as mine!!!! :shock::-D:razz::-D:razz::shock:
4th - If you want the exact color of your car, you can order from these guys: http://www.paintscratch.com/
They get their paint from San Leandro Color, which is about 20 minutes from
my house. I bought two cans of Royal Blue Pearl, two cans of clear coat, and
two cans of Adhesion Promoter. If you are going to paint plastic, you will need
the adhesion promoter. If I knew where you were from, I could have given you
their address if you were close. (hint hint!!)
5th - Good to see you have already started the mods!!! Just an FYI, it will never end!!!
6th - Learn how to use the search button!!!!

Congrats on your purchase, you will love your E. Its just too cool not too.

Again, welcome!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hit it with a clay bar too...! Hey TwistedDreams, may she provide you many more years of service and enjoyment... Once you get most of your immediate mods done, make sure you give her a good wash and a good clay bar treatment so her coat is like "buttah"... She's had some good miles put on her so baby her a little with some protectants...

Like AztecRolie said, if we knew your "Location" we'd be able to help out more... Welcome and congrats...

LBD

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone!

And SoCal, Santa Clarita to be specific.

$25 for one bottle of spray is pretty costly. I'll do some searching, but thanks for the link! Worse case scenario I can get those two cans there and primer/adhesive cans and clear coat cans from the home depot.

And I know that smudge in the last picture is paint damage. I just washed the entire thing with soap, then water/vinegar yesterday, and I'm just going to wax it tonight after work.

Thanks again!
-TD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts