Honda Element Owners Club banner

1st set of Brakes done.

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Minion 444 
#1 ·
Morning, Just had to replace the front pads, for the 1st time. My Element is an 08 with 41k on her. THe rotors were fine and they were just resurfaced.

Is there an average mileage for the front and rear? How long should I be able to go on the rear set?

#3 ·
I have 85k on my 07 and they look good. I could probably get another 10-15k out of them but I'll replace they before winter just so I don't have to do it in the cold. I have been very happy with the brake life of the E.

Drew

#6 ·
I drive a mix of heavy city traffic and highspeed Highway. I take the Element to the dealer for service. They have a great drive in and wait service. 1.5 hours for oil/brakes and tire rotation. It's a little expensive but time is money!

They use stock Honda pads. I am thrilled with 40k on a set.

#5 ·
I just replaced mine after 3 years and 32,000 miles. Could have used the originals for awhile but changed them anyway. I used Autozone Gold for both front and rear. No reason to resurface the rotors.

No matter the mileage, the calipers and pads needed to lubed due to rust / corrosion. Working great now....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.