Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I'm about to install my first car system and have questions. I've done a few club system installs, so I know a little bit...prolly enough to really screw things up. ^_^

Is the blue antenna power wire functional for anything?

Should I trim down the wires between the headunit jack and the car harness adaptor before crimping/soldering?

Crimp or solder/tape?

Any advantage to putting some rca jacks on the wiring harness adaptor and use the line outs instead of the speaker outs on the headunit jack? (saw that in a diagram here). Its highly unlikely that I'll use an amp on the door speakers in the future...and if i did, I'd prolly make runs to the speakers rather than using the harness.

Should I use the power and ground leads from the car's wiring harness adaptor or wire directly?

Do I need this 2 din mount, or can I just pop the single din headunit into the existing single din spot?

Thanks for any advice.

Eclipse CD3050 is the headunit by the way.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
your truck doesnt have the amp in it like the ex and sc do. you will not need the 70-1725 harness or the other with rcas added to the speaker inputs as you dont have an amp. yes you need the blue wire hooked up because the truck has an antenna amplifier that needs to be turned on. solder and tape is always the best connection if you know how to do it, other wise crimps done with the proper tool are just fine. use the wires inthe harness, you will gain nothing by running your own power and ground to the radio. you need a dash kit as the factory radio is mounted to the factory brackets and screwed in. you could try and line this all up on your new radio but it wont turn out as well as just using the right dash kit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a bunch...very helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts