Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Element on Wens. The wife and I went camping Mary Jane Thurston Ohio State Park slept right along side the Maumee River. We folded back the seats blew up a full size air mattress (which left little room) put a movie in the laptop played it through the car radio and watch a movie. It was a the wifes 1st camping trip and it stormed the entire time. We did get a kick out of all the campers that were getting wet as they all came out of there pop up campers. I have a some pictures on my website http://www.spanky526.com I'm looking for a screen house that is big enough to fit over the entire element to give us the ability to open all the doors while we sleep without getting attacked by bugs. Any suggestions please let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your local Wal-Mart will have a suitable screen tent for less than $100. You sound like you are new to camping. Getting away from the bugs this time of year (August) is near impossible. Try winter camping for a bug free experience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already checked walmart, didn't have a 15' long screen house. As for being new to camping, the wife is, I'm new to car camping I'm a backpacker myself...... When I backpack I have the everything I need in a 10lb pack (excluding food) when I take the wife car camping the element is full. I understand that bugs are strong but with her being a few month pregnant the high deet count bug spray is outa the question.

I had a personal bug netting to put over the back of the element (pics on my website) but I wasn't happy with the way it held up in the wind. If you happend to find something that works let me know I want to attempt to keep the wife happy.
I'm prolly going to end up find a new way to attach the personal bug netting to the Element with car magnets or something to that effect and just buy a small $34 screenhouse from walmart..
Thanks for the suggestion.........

visit my website www.spanky526.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts