Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Called sportsrack.com last week and spoke with Corey. Very kewl Guy. Ordered a 2" hitch for our E late Thursday and was shipped out Friday. We received it Tuesday afternoon. Very fast shipping.

I can't wait to install it. I'll take pics and post it when I get the chance. Now we can use our cargo carrier when we travel.

This hitch looks really kewl.

Thanks Corey,

John

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:4510db5dfd="1kewlelement"]Hello everyone,

Called sportsrack.com last week and spoke with Corey. Very kewl Guy. Ordered a 2" hitch for our E late Thursday and was shipped out Friday. We received it Tuesday afternoon. Very fast shipping.

I can't wait to install it. I'll take pics and post it when I get the chance. Now we can use our cargo carrier when we travel.

This hitch looks really kewl.

Thanks Corey,

John[/quote:4510db5dfd]

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. I have a cargo tray from my old Isuzu Trooper that only fits a 2 inch hitch. That is why I want one.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Work has been very busy this week due to the viruses. I will be able to install the hitch this weekend. I will make sure to take pictures and post them here.

John

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally installed my hitch. It Looks SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET, :lol:

It took me about 45 mins. It was heavy. I had to use my dremmel with my diamond head bit in order to enlarge the holes for the bolts. That part didn't take long at all. It took longer to actually put the hitch in.

I had to remove the rubber piece that holds the tailpipe in order to slide the hitch on the right side.

I will try and take pics of it and post it as soon as I can.

I tried my cargo carrier and it looks very KEWL.

John

·
Registered
302 Posts
I thought it was a fit for an Element. Why do you have to dremel holes. Can they fix this because I am not taking any rustproofing off any holes?

Also is this hitch rated at all? Class 2 or even Class 1. Got a place for wiring plug. Like to see pics. Thanks,

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a class II hitch. The bolts are a little bigger than the hidden hitch. The holes in the frame were a little small and had to be resized a little.

That part didn't take long at all. It was harder to put the hitch in versus resizing the holes.

I had to remove the rubber piece that supports the tailpipe in order to install the hitch. This hitch is a little bigger than the class I hidden hitch.

Once installed, it is very flushed and well hidden under the vehicle.

John

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is 2" the best size hitch to get? I know nothing about hitches and would like for someone to explain what I would need to tow two jet skis. How much was the one from sportsrack.com? Do I need to purchase anything seperate or will everything I need come with the hitch? Thanks :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote:4835aaeaeb="ExpressElement"]Is 2" the best size hitch to get? I know nothing about hitches and would like for someone to explain what I would need to tow two jet skis. How much was the one from sportsrack.com? Do I need to purchase anything seperate or will everything I need come with the hitch? Thanks :D[/quote:4835aaeaeb]

In my opinion, it is. You can get more accessories that fit the 2" hitch. The hitch I ordered from sportsrack was shipped from CA to AZ. The total price including shipping was $149.24. I got in 3 business days. It is very high quality. The only thing is, you will need to widen the holes in the frame in order to slide the bolts for mounting the hitch. I used my dremel and it took like 5 mins to dremel out all 4 holes.

After I installed it, I just painted the holes with a spary paint to protect it from rust. Not a big deal at all. The hitch is well hidden. The only thing visible is the 2" square end of the hitch.

John

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It comes with only the hitch and the installation harware. You will have to buy the ball, wiring harness, etc. seperately.

John

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did your hitch attach to the tiedown welded to the spare tire housing? I think that is the part that will limit the weight the hitch can handle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts