Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

My first issue is with the remote lock/unlock. Actually just the lock, with both remotes (one used every day that i owned the vehicle, the other rarely). I can unlock no problem just can't lock. It's been happening off and on, I just didn't think I was hearing the horn. Yesterday I was standing right outside the vehicle and kept pressing it and nothing. Opened the car, locked it using the power lock on the drivers side and closed the door. It remained locked. Hit the lock on the remote and nothing, no lights blinking no horn.

Second issue is the drivers window. From time to time, more so when it's cold, the window will partially go up and just doesn't want to go up all the way. Then i'll go weeks/months without an issue again. Not sure where to start to troubleshoot the random issue. Or should i just replace the assembly?

Any ideas on the two?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Issue two: check the rubber run channels for debris. With window all the way down, run a long ass screwdriver tip through the rubber channels to make sure there's nothing in them and that they're seated. Don't rip the rubbers.
I'm assuming the auto up and auto down works. The motor is probably starting to go, and if I were you, I'd replace now before window is stuck open.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The first issue sounds like it could be that the car senses that a door or rear hatch isn't closed all the way.

I've never tried this, but can you unlock the car from the fob while a door is open? Might be worth a try to see if it's similar symptoms.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this was fun.

I replaced the drivers window assembly and it promptly didn't want to roll up beyond the first quarter. whole ton of fiddling later and i'm pretty convinced it's the way the window rolls up in the track.

If I get it up to beyond halfway, then i have to keep pulling on the upper left which shifts the window a little bit and it'll continue to roll up until it halts again.

What do you think, replace the channel rubber or just grease it up?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Pull the rubber channel out and roll the window up and down. See if it will operate normally. If it does, then maybe the window is not seated in the channel properly.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled the glass out. Cleaned up the edges of it and ran a rag down the Chanel. Its definitely tighter in one spot of the channel. Dumped a bunch of silicon grease down the channels popped the window in and it slides up and down again.

Guess all it needed was the grease...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts