Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that hitches with 2" receivers would be available soon. Anyone heard an update on this?

yelapa

·
Registered
32 Posts
why so big? what do you plan on towing , i do a small trailer and a bike weighing in at 1200 lbs and the E seems to struggle a little

·
Registered
18 Posts
The hitch should be available as of the end of July. I work at www.sportsrack.com and we will have them available. I have a blue "E" myslef and I will be the first to have on put on to carry 2 bikes off the back. This will be the largest reason to have a hitch off the back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote:5c5d99abe1="BBBUSA"]why so big? what do you plan on towing , i do a small trailer and a bike weighing in at 1200 lbs and the E seems to struggle a little[/quote:5c5d99abe1]

It's for a Yakima bike rack that is designed to work with a 2" receiver.

·
Registered
19 Posts
aren't most of the best accessory attachments for the 2".

i have been concerned about the number for the 1".

does anyone know the difference in the availability of things for both?

·
Registered
18 Posts
We have 2" hitches in stock and I am ordering one today. It is shipping from California so I should have it installed this weekend. I will post pictures and my reviews of the install. I will be using the hitch for a bike rack and ski rack. The hitch will be a class II (3500lb.) hitch with a 2" receiver. This is perfect for bikes and skies. We also have cargo baskets for the 2" hitch to store more gear off the back rather than the roof. I work at Sports rack and we can offer to the club a discount for seeing us on the site. Let me know if I can be of help to anyone with questions about the hitch or its carrying capacity. I am so excited about the hitch coming available. www.sportsrack.com

·
Registered
160 Posts
Eltoro, how much is the 2" hitch going to cost? And how long does it usually take to ship? Also, will this be an easy self install?

·
Registered
141 Posts
As soon as the wife says it's ok to buy, I'll definitely get one. I really need the 2" since most of our hitch accessories are for 2" hitches. Our Cargo carrier is also a 2" and we use that whenever we travel.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
I want a 2" hitch as well...I am going to be towing an enclosed 5x8 haulmark trailer with 2 dirt bikes inside. (should be around 1500 pounds)

how much is it and is the sprots rack the only place that has it right now? I may order it tonight. :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
The hitch is available in California to ship west coast to east coast is 7 days by UPS ground. The hitch retails for 140.00 and I am authorized to offer a 15% discount to "E" club members if they mention they heard about sportsrack from this site. The hitch is a NO DRILL installation. It does require the use of tools to install the hitch in addition to over sizing one of the access holes for the bolt hardware. With the right tools it is a 45-minute install tops. The hitch does not extend out past the bumper and is tucked underneath, very clean looking. I have copies of the installation instructions if anyone is curious and I do have them available to ship. Let me know, this is a great addition to my "E" and I am excited to have the use of a 2" hitch for my bike rack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts