Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Secret hint Hidden Hitch part number 38317 is the actaul T-connector for the Element. No cutting,no splicing, no tearing up the floor and routing wires all over the place. Just remove right rear side panels, and just like magic, plug the Hidden Hitch wiring right into the connector thats already hanging there!Total time 22 minutes! Do not! Repeat do not follow Honda wiring diagrams! You keep the wiring in the spare tire well and hang it out when needed. Wiring mounted outside corrodes 3 times faster!
Randy
PS-The connector was made for the accord odyssey oasis integra mdx rl,tl,cl
but will PLUG right in to connector! The packaging WILL NOT show the Element info on it but it will work. Hidden Hitch just updated their website to show the application within the last week I'm told
PSS- No need to run wires up into dash, under floor, along door jamb etc...NOTHING!

·
Registered
299 Posts
38317 is what's listed on www.hiddenhitch.com for the Element, and what I bought.

Personally, I don't want to halfway do something like that, and have the wires pinched everytime I use it, which is 2-3 times/week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My installer has been installing wiring inside of vehicles for 11 years now. All vehicles have thick weather stripping around the rear hatch area and will NEVER damage wiring...believe me take it from someone who makes their living doing this...nothing will happen to your wiring even with repeated use. If you're still a disbeliever then you still have the option of doing it the hard way and following what Honda says.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wonder if you know what you're talking about? The Honda hitch wiring plugs into the same connector........why do you think they put it there? If you still have to remove the right rear panel, what's the difference? As far as storing the wiring in the spare tire well, that's ludicrous..........the Honda wiring plug is mounted directly on the hitch with a waterproof cap. What's to corrode? Don't be too hasty telling everyone to ignore the Honda installation instructions unless you understand it better yourself. :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I can see why you don't worry about corrosion...look where you live! Your in a part of the country where little old ladies are driving 1970 Dodge Darts in mint condition(besides cracked dashboards)! Come up North awhile and see how long "waterproof" anything lasts. The Great Lakes region is notorious for salt damage so bad that car manufacturers have to issue TSBs for additional metal protection, stronger parts etc. So your right, don't worry about it if your in Arizona or anywhere else thats sunny and beautiful year round. But don't tell us Northern types about things that are "waterproof" and "corrosion resistant" YOU don't know what YOUR talking about pal! Our cars start evaporating in a few years around here.

Check out the ACTUAL Honda wiring schematics and tell me that they aren't 3 times as complicated! The T connector is NOT the same as the Honda wiring so choose your surly remarks wisely chief! You're probably the type that goes back to the dealer for everything so your little slam comment is understandable, please be a little bit more polite, no ones here to bad mouth anyone.

Ps-We service about 13 dealers here(including doing their wiring) which is pretty hard to do if you"don't know what your talking about"

·
Registered
957 Posts
All right, everyone just settle down. I don't think that anyone really wants to be remembered as "winner of the corrosion argument". :lol:

Agree to disagree but don't draw any more lines in the sand, OK?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey, now!......That's "MISTER" Winner of the Corrosion Argument to you. :lol:

B

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:24b4135c25="benoit42"]Hey, now!......That's "MISTER" Winner of the Corrosion Argument to you. :lol:

B[/quote:24b4135c25]

:wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
you could opt to route the wiring through the large grommet from the right rear side of the tailgate panel (page8 on the pdf Honda OEM wiring instructions) instead of leaving it in the spare time area or pinching it every time you use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts