Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With recommendation from the community, I purchased these to check out, we'll see, stay tuned...

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
Thanks for being our "guinea pig"!! Looking forward to your review.... :cool:

Reactions: Airzilla and AWD

·
Registered
620 Posts
With recommendation from the community, I purchased these to check out, we'll see, stay tuned...

Cool, I really like mine. Hope you like yours.

·
Registered
141 Posts
@Airzilla are you going to plasti-dip your rims too to make a match?
I was thinking of doing this .. and plasti-dipping the emblems another color.. maybe red (along with side logos)..

Are these black.. or just coated black?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Airzilla are you going to plasti-dip your rims too to make a match?
I was thinking of doing this .. and plasti-dipping the emblems another color.. maybe red (along with side logos)..

Are these black.. or just coated black?
Hey - I basically removed the lame hubcaps and painted each steel wheel flat black with an industrial quality spray paint - The original black finish was not too bad but I wanted to touch them up especially where the hubcap openings exposed the rims to more weather, sunlight, etc. causing a weathering effect - Before paint, I hit them with degreaser and Simple Green - Then hit them with my pressure washer - This "refurb" really cleaned them up and they are now looking like new - I will post pix once I get the lug nut cap/covers installed that I ordered - Stay tuned...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: Received the lug nut covers - Here are before and after pix - What say you on the look, etc. - Not all lugs have the plastic washer for factory hubcaps - The ones that do look better, others are showing a bit of chrome more so than I prefer - And I'm not sure I dig the gloss look of the covers - Overall, I would still like to have a set of black anodized lug nuts for the steelies just need to find them...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Update: Received the lug nut covers - Here are before and after pix - What say you on the look, etc. - Not all lugs have the plastic washer for factory hubcaps - The ones that do look better, others are showing a bit of chrome more so than I prefer - And I'm not sure I dig the gloss look of the covers - Overall, I would still like to have a set of black anodized lug nuts for the steelies just need to find them... View attachment 205306 View attachment 205307
Looks great! In my experience dust/dirt gets on them quick and they lose their glossy look. You are the only one likely to notice the tiny chrome lip at the bottom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts