Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2003 element My brake pedal does not seem to work well ive noticed that i ahve to press the brake harder and harder for it to actually stop

is that the problem

and when the hell are they going to do a recall on the stuck callipers?!?!? :x

i just had one fixed and now my other one is going

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what the ****?!?!? what about 03's?????

i have the same issue with my 03... what are they ignoring my saftey simply because its their first model... thats no escuse :x

and what about the stuck calliper issue i keep having over and over again

·
12,180 Posts
what the ****?!?!? what about 03's?????

i have the same issue with my 03... what are they ignoring my saftey simply because its their first model... thats no escuse :x

and what about the stuck calliper issue i keep having over and over again

Are you having an issue with a soft pedal that is caused by your VSA modulator?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no idea but in a few weeks i was goign to take it to the shop to have them release the air.. so by the description in the recall i would assume

its definatly noticable

·
12,180 Posts
no idea but in a few weeks i was goign to take it to the shop to have them release the air.. so by the description in the recall i would assume

its definatly noticable

I you think you have a problem don't wait to get it looked at. Your E is not covered on this recall because you do not have VSA.

·
Registered
689 Posts
on my 2003 element My brake pedal does not seem to work well ive noticed that i ahve to press the brake harder and harder for it to actually stop

is that the problem

and when the hell are they going to do a recall on the stuck callipers?!?!? :x

i just had one fixed and now my other one is going
2003 models do not have VSA; I believe VSA was introduced in the 2007 production year. Have you had your brake pads replaced or checked recently? That could be the cause of the problem you are encountering.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
korey,

sounds like the brakes need a good bleeding. IMHO, it shoulda been done along w/ the pad replacement (but often isn't).

Even if everything is fine w/ your brakes the fluid should be replaced every 2-3 years.

you'll be surprised at what a big difference 1/2 hour of easy work and $5 worth of brake fluid will do for pedal feel. (BTW, old brake fluid can contribute to caliper sticking too!)

Good luck.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Not clear from the OP whether the "stuck" caliper was actually a frozen piston or the assembly not sliding on its pins.

i ahve to press the brake harder and harder for it to actually stop
This sounds like a power booster problem. (If the brakes don't feel "spongy" and the pedal isn't sinking to the floor, it also would be unrelated to the current ABS/VSA modulator problem currently under recall.)

When were the brakes bled last?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts