Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2003 Element with 123K. Having a vibration when I start from a dead stop and after 50 feet or so it stops. Took it to Lex Brodie and was told I need a front engine mount, transmission driverside mount, exhaust manifold, maybe a rear transmission mount, passenger engine mount. Total cost $1100. I am the original owner, maintained the vehicle well. Been in Hawaii 4 years. Can someone tell me of good mechanic where I can get a second opinion and/or get this done cheaper. I am in the waipahu area.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Hi,

IMO I would not go to any place like Lex brodies, goodyear, firestone etc..
alot of those places give their workers commission. If you are looking for a trust worthy honest and very experienced mechanic I would recommend
Gentech on bannister street in Kalihi. The owner and mastermechanic is Gene. 845-9941. He only opens monday thru friday. WHat part of the island would you be looking for a repair shop?

To me it sounds like motor mounts and perhaps a transmission mount...I don't know how they came up with the other stuff (prob commission sells) Anyways let me know how it goes...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts