Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 3 years my 2003 blue Honda Element has been having an issue

1.when I open the door the parking brake light is on and the green key symbol is also on.
2.Then the car won’t turn over for about 5 tries. If the car won’t start, it will start making a clicking noise and the parking brake and green key sign flash until the battery dies.
3.it only happens sometimes but it happens mostly when it’s cold (almost every morning it’s below freezing and randomly like 2 times a week when it’s warm.)
4. The dashboard won’t turn on when the glacé gets started, so I don’t know how fast I’m going or how much gas I have. I still can see blinkers and brights symbols.
5. The dashboard will randomly die when I am driving, and I got angry one time so I punched it and it turned back on. So now when it happens if I punch it until it turns back on.

I took it to Honda where they did a full electrical test but found nothing. They charged me for the test and sent me on my way.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
For the past 3 years my 2003 blue Honda Element has been having an issue

1.when I open the door the parking brake light is on and the green key symbol is also on.
2.Then the car won’t turn over for about 5 tries. If the car won’t start, it will start making a clicking noise and the parking brake and green key sign flash until the battery dies.
3.it only happens sometimes but it happens mostly when it’s cold (almost every morning it’s below freezing and randomly like 2 times a week when it’s warm.)
4. The dashboard won’t turn on when the glacé gets started, so I don’t know how fast I’m going or how much gas I have. I still can see blinkers and brights symbols.
5. The dashboard will randomly die when I am driving, and I got angry one time so I punched it and it turned back on. So now when it happens if I punch it until it turns back on.

I took it to Honda where they did a full electrical test but found nothing. They charged me for the test and sent me on my way.
Has your alternator been replaced with an OEM one? When I had an aftermarket one it would do weird stuff similar to what you described. You could also have a loose wire connection somewhere. That is so lame Honda did not diagnose it yet charged you a fee. They should have a really good scanner that could isolate the circuits. I would also check all my fuses. and wires under your steering wheel, above where your feet sit under where you can take the panel off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts