Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the heater fuse and it looks fine. The fan works but there's hardly any heat on the highest setting. I've done a search online and there are others with this issue who have spent a fortune at dealerships to no avail. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? Phil

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'm guessing it's a clog in the heater core or line to or from the same. You can try to unclog it yourself! Maybe the junk yard will have the parts otherwise...

·
Registered
78 Posts
run the car to make sure the motor is warm, turn the heater to the hot setting. open the hood, check each heater hoses they should both be hot, with the motor running. both hoses you see in the picture should be hot, if not, feel the hose on both sides of the valve I am pointing at. Report your finds.

[287K image replaced with 70K version—mod]

·
Registered
536 Posts
No heat

I have an 04 EX with 74K on the clock and luckily I have not had any problems with the heater. I am aware there is a TSB (07-076) that addresses that problem but it only covers 04 and 05 models and then only certain VIN's. If both of the heater hoses are warm then I would think the coolant is getting through the heater core. Let me do some research and see what some other cause factors can be.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Another known issue (not just with the Element) is vent "doors" stuck open or closed.

I know doors is not the right word... anyone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts