Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I was driving home with my new EX I noticed my mph was off according to my GPS. Then I checked to see if the gauge was off center and it was. By almost 5 mph. My question is what do the OEM gauges look like Im afraid either I have been a victim of odometer fraud or someone has replaced them with aftermarkets

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
I can allready see that your needle is below the zero mark.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
These are from Honda's website. The first one is from an 05 EX, the second one is from an 04 EX. No pics of the 03.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think that you're looking at the gauge from the wrong perspective. That black spot in the middle of the "glass" is the center of the dial. If you move your eye down so that black spot is right over the center of the speedometer, you'll probably see the needle line up with the zero mph hash mark.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can someone post a pic of their 03 ex gauges please...and would the gauges contain the VIN# on it somewhere

·
12,179 Posts
can someone post a pic of their 03 ex gauges please...and would the gauges contain the VIN# on it somewhere

The guages for the 2003 are identical to the 2004-2006 models.

The vin number will not be on the guages at all.

What size tires are you running? Tires that are too small will cause the speedo to read too fast and tires that are too big will cause it too read slow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe this is just the way the speedo looks. i checked one on ebay and it looks to be the same. The 60 mph does not line up with the 100kmh, and I believe the computer transmits the mileage, not the gauge cluster to the computer. Although i think a honda dealer may be able to reset it. By the way when I bought this yesterday the salesman said it is a honda certified vehicle. I ran my own car fax and it was....back in 07. Does that still exist for me? It only has 49,000.....hey guys thanks for all your help.

·
12,179 Posts
maybe this is just the way the speedo looks. i checked one on ebay and it looks to be the same. The 60 mph does not line up with the 100kmh, and I believe the computer transmits the mileage, not the gauge cluster to the computer. Although i think a honda dealer may be able to reset it. By the way when I bought this yesterday the salesman said it is a honda certified vehicle. I ran my own car fax and it was....back in 07. Does that still exist for me? It only has 49,000.....hey guys thanks for all your help.

The 60 mark is not supposed to line up with the 100 mark. 100 Kph is 62.1 Mph. The mileage is stored in the guage cluster and can be transfered to a new cluster by a dealer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys... i appreciate the help, I guess i never realized in past cars that the kmh and mph dont lineup...thanks again

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yours looks fine to me also. My Toyota truck is about 4mph higher then I am actually going and my '03 motorcycle was about 10% off. Here is my gauge off a '03 EX.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts