Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is probably a rehash of the trailer hook up dilemma but I couldn't find anything that was for my 2003 Honda Element.
I had a garage install an electrical pigtail for use with a trailer (In my application, it's for a Tilt-A-Rack that attaches to a previously installed class III Curt Hitch). The both pigtail and Tilt-a-Rack plugs are a flat plastic style that hasv 4 wire connections. The pigtail has 3 female socket ports and 1 white male prong. In reading about wire harnesses being burnt up I'm defaulting to the caution side. I think the mechanic used a pigtail connector kit to interface with the Honda harness connector behind the rear passenger plastic side panel and ran the new pigtail connector out so it could be connected a matng trailer light kit.
The trailer light kit I have wants it's mating white wire to be attached to the Tilt A-Rack chassis and the other three wires to go to red stop light, amber parking light, and red running light. The rack lights want to connect to the rack using a single wire connection with the return being grounded using the light mounting screws.
Can anyone give me some advice????

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
the "four way flat" connector should be wired as follows:

This is the "trailer end," on the car side the guzintos are swapped with the guzovers....but the colors are the same. ;-)

ground the white wire on the trailer end to the rack, run the green to the right, the yellow to the left, and the brown to any marker or "tail" or running lights.

You (or others) may find this helpfull too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts