Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got out 2003 Sunset Pearl new, and we still use her like a work horse every weekend hauling sound equipment.

Any other original owners here at EOC?

·
Registered
804 Posts
That is pretty cool you guys are the original owners of your Elements, you must have known a good thing when you saw it :-D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Picked mine up end of June 03 still going strong with 252K miles. Love this vehicle. :-D

Gaily

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm the original owner of my 2005 SOP, put just about every single mile on it myself (the Ex rarely drove it). It was my first ever new-new car. I still park far away from others in parking lots and get very upset if there is a shopping cart near it when I come out to it. There are things I love about it and things that irk me. Sometimes as I'm walking up to it parked and the light is good and it's not too dirty I think that's a very cool vehicle and then I say to myself hey that's mine!!

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My brother-in-law bought a 2003 new for his kid, and they are still driving it. It too has taken a beating and keeps on ticking.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wasn't the original owner of my 2003 EX. It had 28,000 miles when I bought it though. I just sold it last week. It had 276,100 miles on it and is in great shape. I found and purchased a 2011 EX with 26,000 miles on it the week prior.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Second owner of a 2005 AT EX that was purchased as a trade in at the dealership the previous had purchased it at brand new. Had 114 + thousand miles and I've now had it for 3 years and 3 months and just turned 160174 on the odometer today. Looks and runs great. I feel great driving a 10 year old E that is still reliable daily transportation

·
Registered
16 Posts
Original owner here, I have about 180K miles with no major issues or repairs. I've hauled all kinds of things and several 1000+ mile trips down the east coat. This is the only vehicle I ever purchased new, I just can't seem to find a replacement for it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Original owner here, I have about 180K miles with no major issues or repairs. I've hauled all kinds of things and several 1000+ mile trips down the east coat. This is the only vehicle I ever purchased new, I just can't seem to find a replacement for it.
Agreed, no replacement from Honda, that's forsure.

Been using my 2003 to haul tons of stuff from Home Depot all weekend. Several trips. Still loving the rubber floor, and low load height.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great headlights Elemen-O-P.

Our 2003 is still going strong. Hauled about a ton of rocks last month for some landscaping projects.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I got mine in October, 2003. In April, I saw the commercial where they pull the camera back through the cabin, with all four doors open. I was at the Honda dealer the next day. I Had to wait six months until the side airbags were available. The only EX they had was black, and I always swore I'd never buy another black car, but I did anyway. I paid list, and didn't care.

Daily driver, it's at 131k now. Sitting in my driveway since I bought a 2011 EX (13k miles!) last October, waiting for my nephew to get his license. He better have the grades to earn it!

It's been in the shop a few times, needed a starter last year. I only replaced the battery once, but have gone through three sets of tires. I'd been looking for another for the last year, I didn't see any other car that I liked.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts