Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of 18" rims off a 2012 Ridgeline and plan to set it up with 225/55R18 tires for my 2003 EX. The rims have TPMS sensors. I know the Element did not introduce TPMS until a few years later. Does anyone know if there a way to utilize the sensors with an aftermarket gauge or cell phone app? Curious if they can be useful still.

Thanks!

·
Moderator Eh?
12,163 Posts
The Ridgeline uses a different bolt pattern 5x120 vs 5x114 for the Element.

The sensors need the Honda TPMS set up to function.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well shoot. I was told the Ridgeline rims would fit a Pilot and I know the 17" Pilot rims fit on the Element. I haven't TRIED them yet but thanks for the insight on the TPMS. I should be able to return the rims if they sold them to me with wrong info.

·
Moderator Eh?
12,163 Posts
Actually only the 16 inch Pilot wheels from 2003 to 2008 will fit.
The bolt pattern on the Pilot changed for 2009 to 5x120. All Ridgelines use the 5x120 as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do not know of a nice, clean, easy way to use OEM TPMS. I have an 08 with tpms, but then bought some wheels off a 2019 Acura, and while they have tpms, The frequency they operate at is different, so no bueno.
There are aftermarket kits, but you do not use the OEM tpms - you use their sensors.

wish I had better news for you. And I hope someone else does, too. If like to get this figured out, too.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,448 Posts
Besides the bolt pattern difference (actually it's 5x114.3), the cost to "upgrade" to a TPMS system is probably WAY out of anyone's price budget (and frustration level!). Saving that cost, buy yourself a REALLY nice set of rims and tires, along with a good tire pressure gauge, and skip the electronics. TPMS sensors can always be taken OFF the rims and replaced with a standard valve. Once you get the new rims on, post some pics (we ALL love pics 'round here!). (y) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts